Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse - The Vintage Conversation Continues  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Hasbro Pulse - The Vintage Conversation Continues
« on: June 24, 2018, 10:06 AM »
It seems that Hasbro is ratcheting up their PR outreach with This Hasbro Pulse Instagram Post.  Hasbro's Steve Evans is making an appeal to fans to submit their questions via the Hasbro Pulse Instagram Page regarding The Vintage Collection. 

This certainly seems like a more open-ended solicitation than the more focused questions of a few months ago.  But I dread the comments being inundated with questions about one particular character or another.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:06 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse - The Vintage Conversation Continues
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 01:03 PM »
Bummer that it's only on Instagram. I agree about being inundated with questions over particular figures. The fact that Solo mentioned the Twin Sisters from the cantina won't help on that unlikely front, either.

My one want is to see all the original vintage figure represented on card in due time. I also want to see the Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle gear) rereleased.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Check out the first round of questions and answers with Hasbro's Steve Evans.  The topics covered?

-Security of the bubbles on the cardback - Hasbro is working on a cardback finish that works in conjunction with the glue on the bubbles.  They do not want to tape down the bubbles since they think it takes away from the Vintage Collection card's appearance

-Bubble/blister size - There will be three bubble sizes to coordinate with various figure sizes.  And Hasbro is trying to make sure the bubbles do not detract from the cardback artwork.

-Wave 2 of the Vintage Collection is set to hit retail around 8/1 (Young Han Solo, Imperial Deathtrooper, Imperial Assault Tank Driver, and 1 x figure TBA - rumored to be Enfys Nest)

-Wave 3 will hit retail towards the end of the year

-Plans are underway to inform collectors about upcoming releases, but still with an eye towards protecting Star Wars story secrets.  Social media is likely to be involved.

-Will digital face painting (as seen on recent 6" Black Series releases) be incorporated in TVC figures?  Hasbro is continuing to work on this process

-Character selection - Focused largely on new entertainment, but also drawing from the OT, PT and Legends material.

-Unpunched cards - Available for exclusives and figures like the POTF Yakface coming with the Sail Barge.  Not an option for figures going to brick & mortar retail.  Those cards will be punched.

-New OT vehicles are in development for the TVC line.  Playset concepts are in development

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Bunch of positives in there, especially the OT vehicles.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."