Author Topic: Walmart Vintage Collection TIE Fighter  (Read 12935 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Vintage Collection TIE Fighter
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 12:08 AM »
This was spotted near Pittsburgh tonight.  Not by me but a buddy.  I want one but man $ is tight now thanks to the EE TVC bonanza.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 12:48 AM »
Has anyone spotted this on the west coast (in California) recently?  I checked a few Walmart’s in my area last weekend but came up empty handed (though I did find some other items I was looking for).  I’m just curious and always wary about Walmart and their irregular distribution antics...

Yes. In the San Fernando Valley. I know a couple of people who picked it up. However, of the 6 Walmarts in the SFV and Simi Valley, half do not and are not planning carrying Vintage Collection items.  >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Good to know they have made it out west.  However That’s sort of what I’ve seen with my local stores in central CA, not a lot of them were carrying the vintage items...  The hunt continues!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 01:08 AM »
Found three of the TIE fighters at a local Walmart today.  It’s great to have a proper-looking TIE after all these years.  But did anyone else notice the pilot’s helmet isn’t technically removable?  Mine appears to have the head piece, but it appears unpainted and glued in.  I’ll just replace it with my Lt. Oxixo figure.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 02:01 AM »
Found three of the TIE fighters at a local Walmart today.  It’s great to have a proper-looking TIE after all these years.  But did anyone else notice the pilot’s helmet isn’t technically removable?  Mine appears to have the head piece, but it appears unpainted and glued in.  I’ll just replace it with my Lt. Oxixo figure.

That guy at that website that folks here hate noticed it.  :-X

Guess glue is cheaper than paint.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 12:46 PM »
Been seeing this at local Walmarts over the last week. At least 3 in every store, all on the bottom shelf
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 03:39 PM »
I saw them at a few Walmarts in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago...

Hoping to find one for like half this price though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:40 PM by Rob »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 09:11 PM »

Fans like you waiting for clearances not supporting the line that something-something-Dark-side-complete.

(You when the last time I bought a full price vehicle was...I don't either? It's been a loooong time.)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 09:42 PM »

Fans like you waiting for clearances not supporting the line that something-something-Dark-side-complete.

(You when the last time I bought a full price vehicle was...I don't either? It's been a loooong time.)

I actually regularly buy at full price.  The tank... I bought a sail barge... almost every vehicle on day one for all four Disney movies...

For some reason when I saw this I didn’t feel good about $80...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14 AM »
I bought one for $80, mainly out of the thrill of seeing it for the first time along with TVC Range Troopers and Tank Drivers right as two Hasbro reps were stocking them.

For $40, I'd buy 1-2 more...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 07:03 AM »
I'm having a tough time being supportive of buying a vehicle at full price that's in what, it's 4th or 5th release?  The paint apps look nice, but I've seen this on the shelf several times and once I saw the price I just had to hold off.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 06:22 PM »
The funny thing is all the people clamoring for this that now don’t wanna pay...  I didn’t care much about it myself and I’m probably gonna wait but man I remember a lot of “we need a TVC big wing TIE” BS and it was a lot of piss and vinegar from what I’ve seen.  Another moment where collectors demand with their mouths and not their wallets. 

Again if it’s not a big deal to you I totally get waiting tho.

The tank I viewed as totally worth the price for a new toy...  for the TIE it’s not horrid but the writing is on the wall on this one for sure. 😬
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2018, 08:22 PM »
I wondered if any other $80 vintage vehicle would accompany the Tank when it was announced. Now I find these TIEs every time I go in Wally, but no Tanks to be found yet at retail. I know it is akin to Luddite behavior, but I really wanna buy my Tank at brick n mortar to support the business model...

And I will gladly pick up the Solo TIE over the Vintage version too...again, if and when I find one. Plenty of Walkers to be had, no little TIEs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 11:09 PM »
I’d like the little TIE too because it is different...  I’m assuming the tank will hit before Christmas? 🤷‍♂️ That one is weird.