Author Topic: Walmart Vintage Collection TIE Fighter  (Read 12951 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Vintage Collection TIE Fighter
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 12:27 PM »
I checked Brickseek for pricing and quantities on the TIE Fighter for my area.  The one store where it was marked down to $40 is now sold out.  There are other stores where the TVC TIE is marked down to $59, but there's still a significant amount of stock.  I think I would probably be a buyer at the $40 clearance price, but wouldn't turn up my nose at the $30 price.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 2, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Saw this down to $20 yesterday...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #47 on: May 3, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Strange, I can see this on Brickseek for $19, but when I call Walmart they tell me it's online only, and they don't have them in stores (it's $60 online). Am I Brickseeking wrong?  ???
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: May 3, 2019, 05:04 PM »
If it is on Brickseek it should give you a semi current store count on the inventory.  Don’t trust it totally though, as I have found it to be off often. 

It said my nearest store had 10 at one point and they literally never had that many at full price or less and then suddenly the count went to zero, once what they did have sold out at $25.

I watched them like a hawk and around Pitt they are flying out at $25 and $19.  I took 6 from a local store the other day.  Made a special trip to my county seat, or as I like to call it, “Deliverance Town”, and they had 6 when BS had said they had 9 for several days.  🤷‍♂️

I did same stuff with the ATST, which I now feel sort of dumb having as many as I do, but they were cheap so whatever.  I wanted a few grey TIEs though so I caved.

These don’t store as well I’m finding.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 4, 2019, 10:06 AM »
Yeah I wanted to get two to display, but every Walmart I've called doesn't have them now, even though brickseek says they do.

Aside from the cockpit and paintjob, is there any difference between this and the big wing TIE from Target?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 4, 2019, 05:34 PM »
Yeah I wanted to get two to display, but every Walmart I've called doesn't have them now, even though brickseek says they do.

Aside from the cockpit and paintjob, is there any difference between this and the big wing TIE from Target?

It's only the paint job/color scheme that's different.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: May 7, 2019, 01:02 AM »
You may want to go and find the clearance aisle at the store Lando, cuz that is where they were taken and those can be damn near anywhere in any Walmart.

The one I hit had 0 in the back at toys but they were all up front in their clearance aisle.

One store sort of nearby has 10 still it says.  No clue how they’re hanging onto those at $19 when almost every other store in my search area is out or has an inaccurate count saying they have some.  Weird.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:25 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 7, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Cool thanks!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 7, 2019, 04:31 PM »
Nuts! I went to a couple of Walmarts near me that said they had one or two, and they were cleared out. The third, which is about an hour away said it had one, but when I called the rep told me there were pieces missing (kudos for her for saving me the trip). I'm kicking myself for not knowing where the clearance aisle is earlier (I've just been checking the toy section). I probably just missed these, but I guess a little weathering on the Target TIEs should ease the pain.

I just didn't feel like paying full price for another TIE release, but sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  :-\

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Just bought one off Mercari for $40 shipped. Still half price I guess. Womp womp.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2020, 04:42 PM »
Has anyone had issues with the latch inside the wing sowing mechanism on their TVC TIE Fighter snapping over time?  This is the latch on the inside of the pylon, surrounded by the spring, that holds the wing in place and which when lifted, causes the wing to come off. There is a hooked end to the latch that snapped off. 

This happened to my first TVC TIE fighter after about a month, so I returned it and got a new version, only to have it happen again after about four months...  My TIE has been displayed standing on its wings on a shelf and I’m not using the “blast off wing” feature at all.  I’ve not had this issue with older TIE’s with the same feature, including TIE Interceptors.

Looked up this thread so I could complain and lo and behold, tmanthegreat beat me to it.  Same thing he describes above happened to my TVC Walmart Big Wing TIE... 

Found my TVC Walmart Big Wing TIE in pieces today - one wing and cockpit ball on the floor, one wing still on the table.  Tried to put the wings back on and neither would stay on.  Shook the cockpit ball a bit and heard the little hook/latches rattling around.  Took apart the ball and yep - plastic on both wing latch mechanisms was really dry/brittle with the ends broken off.

I'm guessing one wing latch must have broken, then the spring pushed the wing and ball apart.  The other wing likely broke when the ball/wing hit the hardwood floor. :( 

I'm sure I can find a way to permanently attach the wings for long-term display, but thought I would post a word of warning to you guys (or, in this case draw attention back to tmanthegreat's original word of warning).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2020, 04:50 PM »
Good grief, sorry Jeff.  Mine is still in the box, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't just see if I can rig it up to remove the springs and glue the wings on when I open it...

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53 PM »
I removed the springs from my TIE by simply unscrewing they upper and lower halves of the cockpit ball. Then I wrapped some duct tape around the wing pegs so they stay in their sockets securely, but can still be removed if desired. My TIE has probably sat on its wings for over a year And a half now without any issues.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2020, 11:55 PM »
I removed the springs from my TIE

I did the same.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2022, 09:42 AM »
Vintage Collection TIE Fighter - $59.60 for Prime Day

Star Wars The Vintage Collection Imperial TIE Fighter
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback