Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Does anybody buy vintage cardbacks anymore?

(1/3) > >>

Chris M:
I've gotten out of the SW buying/selling/collecting business and still have a few things I'm going to get rid of.  Does anybody still buy vintage cardbacks?  I've got a handful from my Han Solo focus.

Also, is AFA still in business?  I thought about getting a Han Solo loose figure graded that I pulled from a badly cracked bubble, but am uncertain if I'm going to get it graded.  I'm not sure if AFA is still in business being that I couldn't pull up their website.  Second, I'm not sure if the payoff will be enough to justify sending the figure in.

CorranHorn:
People definitely still buy cardbacks, in fact depending on condition some cardbacks go for more than loose figures!! If no one on JD is interested, I am sure you can find hits on the various Facebook groups dedicated to vintage.

AFA is still around, don’t know what is up with their website, but despite competition from CAS and UKG they are still in business. I personally am not a fan of grading loose figures, they lose their charm being encased in acrylic in my opinion. But if you think you can get a high grade, then there is that premium you obtain for resale value.

Rob:

--- Quote from: CorranHorn on July 17, 2018, 08:06 PM ---AFA is still around,

--- End quote ---

That's too bad.  I was hoping the Toy Toni (Tony?) situation would have woken people up to what a corrosive scam that whole thing is.

Chris M:
What happened with that Rob?

Rob:

--- Quote from: Chris M on July 18, 2018, 09:27 PM ---What happened with that Rob?

--- End quote ---

Total scandal.  This guy bought up a ton of unused cardbacks and bubbles from a factory somewhere. Then he bought up tons of mint and AFA-U figures and sealed them on the unused cards.  He apparently did this for like 20 years and there are tons of fakes out there.

Also, AFA was validating them as authentic all along.  Which to me means that their service is worthless.

https://rctoymemories.com/2015/04/09/the-star-wars-toy-packaging-scandal/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version