Author Topic: The Clone Wars - It's Back  (Read 14802 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Clone Wars - It's Back
« on: July 19, 2018, 03:52 PM »
News out of SDCC (on social media) - Clone Wars panel ends with announcement of 12 new The Clone Wars episodes coming to Disney's upcoming streaming service...

Sounds like there is a trailer that will be released by SW.com soon!

Trailer is up now - Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Trailer

Also, SW.com has an interview with Dave Filoni:
SDCC 2018: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS TO RETURN WITH NEW EPISODES
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: The Clone Wars - It's Back
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Trailer is up now on the official site.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 04:13 PM »
I did not see this coming.  AT ALL.

And this is a pretty good reason to look into Disney's streaming service.  I've also heard a rumor that Disney/LFL might look to release the rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi project on that platform, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Sweet!  I did not catch the timing or service for this.  Is it supposedly only available on their streaming service with subscription?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 05:18 PM »
Who is asking for more Clone Wars cartoons???  Is this setting up one of their other upcoming story lines?

I really don't get this other than maybe Filoni is totally obsessed with Clone Wars.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:57 PM by Dave »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 05:21 PM »
You've got to build up the Darth Maul/Crimson Dawn storyline somewhere... ???

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 10:38 PM »
I’m excited to hear this announcement - I always enjoyed Clone award far more than Rebels and it was a shame it got canceled when it did - but I’m not too wild about it being on Disney’s new streaming service as opposed to a more accessible platform like network or cable TV.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Who is asking for more Clone Wars cartoons???  Is this setting up one of their other upcoming story lines?

ME! I AM ASKING FOR MORE!!!  ;D

I was hoping this would come to pass...heard rumors leading up, thought maybe they would just finish up the rough half-completed episodes they had in the can, but this is even better than expected!

Now to convince Hasbro to make new toys from a 12 episode animated show with their original style and articulation...#heavylifting
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:16 AM »
I'm glad to see this get announced.  The series just ended with a bit of a whimper, rather than making a natural end that would transition well to the events of REVENGE OF THE SITH.  Season 6, the lost missions, was actually some really good stuff.

There are some unresolved story lines that I'd like to see explored.  Where did Rex wind up?  How did Anakin progress further down the path to the Dark Side?  What about Leia's line from ANH "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father during the Clone Wars....".  When?  And there was the Bad Batch story arc that was shown as incomplete animation that would be interesting to see completed.  That seems like it's going to happen, because one of the clones in the trailer appeared to be the Bad Batch squad leader.

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Would have been fun. Not buying Disney's streaming service.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Now to convince Hasbro to make new toys from a 12 episode animated show with their original style and articulation...#heavylifting

Time for you to get an Instagram account then!

Steve Evans of Hasbro just posted on his instagram asking for fans' input on which Clone Wars figures they should do in 3.75" and 6" to support the new show.

If you don't have an Instagram account (or would rather not post there), I have also bumped up this thread as a spot for folks to share their ideas/wants.  I'll forward the thread link to Hasbro so they can check it out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:29 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 10:56 AM »
I'm not sure people were bombarding Disney to bring back Clone Wars, but there's a lot of people who felt that it didn't get the ending season that it deserved.  Once Rebels established that it wasn't Legends material, it makes sense for Disney to tie up loose ends.  And it's just one more vehicle to help sell the streaming service. 

As for unresolved questions (Nick), we know where Rex ended up from the Rebels show.  I think we know enough about Anakin to see where he went wrong.  Leia's line about Kenobi serving Bail is probably just a loose way of saying Kenobi was a General in the Clone Wars fighting for the Republic AKA the Senate AKA Bail to some extent.  I would be surprised to find that there's anything more to it than that.  Personally, I think Muftak nailed it.  I bet we see some set up for Maul to better tie into the end of Solo.  I would not be surprised to see the Kenobi or Fett movies launched from this storyline as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 11:35 AM »
RE: Rex it's not so much WHERE but HOW that I should have stated.  We know he got rid of his chip.  And unfortunately the whole Siege of Mandalore storyline, which involves Rex, Ahsoka and probably Maul, got relegated to print (the Ahsoka novel).  That seems worthy of exploring on screen, especially since that story arc seems to have taken place in the time shortly before Order 66.

The Leia line?  It always seemed to imply more of a connection between Obi-Wan and Bail than was ever portrayed in any of the movies or CW.  And why is Bail Organa so motivated to assist the Jedi as he does in ROTS?  Bail's opposition to Palpatine's power grab was clear, but his growing personal alliance with certain Jedi was not. 

And Anakin?  He's been the central figure in the entire series, and we got to know him that much better through his Master/Apprentice relationship with Ahsoka.  He wound up being far better developed as a character in CW than he was in any of the PT movies.  Exploring Anakin that much more following Ahsoka's expulsion from the Jedi would provide some interesting insight into his character and his recurring theme of loss.

There's also Asajj Ventress.  Her story was resolved *SOMEWHAT* in print, but not on screen.  She linked back up with the Night Sisters, but her story arc with Dooku remained somewhat open-ended on screen.  Fans of the show seem to want to know how these things resolved onscreen.  Her story got explored more in the print release Dark Disciple, but given her role on the show she does seem worthy of screen time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:58 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 11:58 AM »
I'm not sure people were bombarding Disney to bring back Clone Wars, but there's a lot of people who felt that it didn't get the ending season that it deserved.  Once Rebels established that it wasn't Legends material, it makes sense for Disney to tie up loose ends.  And it's just one more vehicle to help sell the streaming service. 

My thoughts exactly.  I'm guessing if Disney wasn't starting a streaming service we would never see this.  They're probably scrambling for content to justify the service to subscribers. 

This alone won't entice me to their streaming service, but it'll be a nice addition if there are other things that draw me in.  As it stands right now I may wait for this to hit DVD before I watch any of these shows.  It'll all depend on pricing for the service.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 12:01 PM »

Time for you to get an Instagram account then!

Steve Evans of Hasbro just posted on his instagram asking for fans' input on which Clone Wars figures they should do in 3.75" and 6" to support the new show.

If you don't have an Instagram account (or would rather not post there), I have also bumped up this thread as a spot for folks to share their ideas/wants.  I'll forward the thread link to Hasbro so they can check it out.

Thanks Jeff! I do indeed have an Instagram account and I already follow one of those Hasbro guys (the English one) so I am heading straight there when I get off work!

Also posted my list in the thread as a bonus. :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy