Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 4 (aka New TVC Wave 7)  (Read 28398 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 TVC Wave 4 (aka New TVC Wave 7)
« Reply #75 on: July 2, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Got mine today.   

Another strange shipping situation from HasbroPulse and their FedEx fulfillment crew.

I ordered one of each figure for a total of three figures.  All sent separately on the same day, different boxes, and different box sizes/designs.   ??? ???

Even more screwed up than when they sent me my 6" figs last week in six different, but mostly identical boxes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: July 2, 2019, 11:35 PM »
Got my tank commanders and gunners and Luke as well.  All pretty awesome figures...  little nitpicks maybe but nothing worth getting bent out of shape over.  Tanker is my fav tho even tho he’s a repaint.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #77 on: July 3, 2019, 10:39 AM »
I really like the tanker too, especially since now I have two fully-crewed tanks.

Can you guys do a side-by-side with the older DS gunner? I'm trying to decide if the new one is worth it. I feel like the DS gunner doesn't really have anything to do in my collection except stand at attention in my Imperial display.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 3, 2019, 11:14 AM »
My Amazon order of 1 Tank Commander and 1 Death Star Gunner are delayed for some reason.  :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 3, 2019, 11:59 AM »
The only figure from this wave that I managed to order on Amazon was R2-D2, and that got delayed, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 3, 2019, 01:18 PM »
My Vintage purchases have been very few and far between. I bought the Hoth Trooper last year, and a Mimban Stormtrooper when that was on clearance a couple months ago, too...I got a Black Series Jyn Erso and a Deathtrooper when I found those marked down to $3 a few years back. The trooper was alright, but I found the Jyn figure to be ugly and very GI Joe-esque. Not my thing at all.

I preordered Luke and the Gunner from this wave back in April, and forgot I had done so until they showed up at my door yesterday. I was really disappointed looking at these guys. I think I'm done with Vintage, it's just doesn't please me like the 5POA figures do. I look at Luke and think "OK, I can fix the hair and beard with paint myself" but I shouldn't have to on a brand-new, never-before-made figure. The Gunner, again, looks like a Cobra Trooper or Iron Grenadier I would've bought in 1987. Not what I'm looking for these days, the Legacy version works better to my eye.

So now I think I'll sit on these for a while and if I never get around to wanting to open them I'll flip 'em in the fall. Bah.

I was thinking about getting the upcoming three packs, but now I can't be bothererd. :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #81 on: July 3, 2019, 01:28 PM »
I got my set today, and though my Luke seems to be much better on the paint apps than average, I agree. I am a bigger 5 POA fan than SA, which is why i dread the possible end of that line. The new DS Gunner is a prime example of articulation gone amok. It just doesn't look right. A lot of this is seamless now, like with the new Stormtrooper, so this is curious. I've been lobbying for years for a happy medium on articulation, but Hasbro is not interested in that at all. They're doing amazing work overall, with lots of legendary figures recently like Yak Face (some of the 5 POA Solo figures, Moloch, Quay Tolsite, as well) and hopefully the QA concerns with this wave are just a blip.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 3, 2019, 07:32 PM »
I apparently ordered Luke from Amazon instead of Pulse, which was a mistake because I got everything else but my Luke is delayed too. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: July 3, 2019, 08:58 PM »
The DS gunner is totally new, and has the padded armor vest (basically two Sandtrooper pauldrons turned sideways and forming a vest front and back) which was how gunners looked in ANH.  The OTC Gunner was just a jumpsuit guy with a removable helmet and is more as they appear in their limited ROTJ appearances.  His armor is 100% inaccurate and actually is clone body armor, I think.  I tend to leave it off.

The potf2 gunner, besides sucking for poseability, is attempting to replicate that ANH pauldrons vest look but it’s a shiny body armor look with no back to it really.  I’m not a gunner expert to really remember how accurate that is I guess.  The new gunner is also possibly more based on Rogue One than ANH but it’s my understanding this is what ANH gunners looked like too.

The potf2 and otc both have superior Helmets tho.  The new gunners bucket is noticeably smaller.  It’s the only real complaint I see with it.  I loved the otc gunner tho and if they are cheap I still buy em.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #84 on: July 3, 2019, 11:08 PM »
Got my Luke's today.  I think he's the star of this wave....just a really well done figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: July 3, 2019, 11:37 PM »
Yeah I liked Luke...  if I have a gripe it’s his non cloth outer robe.  It’s limiting what he can do significantly but I’ve always found a lack of softgoods on articulates figures to be kind of a goofy choice on Hasbros part and at the same time something fixable compared to other issues a figure can have.

For me the tanker is tops because I just loved those guys.  The gunner and Luke both have ups and downs that make me not pick one over the other, even tho my OT heart wants to like the gunner more.  I just don’t though. 🤷‍♂️  I really do like he OT. One a lot so maybe that’s it.  I had this same general feeling about the ATAT driver update that didn’t matter to me much either.

Luke was sorely missing but so is an articulated version of Luke from the island as he appeared through 90% of TLJ haha.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #86 on: July 4, 2019, 04:44 PM »
I really like the tanker too, especially since now I have two fully-crewed tanks.

Can you guys do a side-by-side with the older DS gunner? I'm trying to decide if the new one is worth it. I feel like the DS gunner doesn't really have anything to do in my collection except stand at attention in my Imperial display.

Not sure whether I like the 2006 TSC Gunner better or not, definitely the helmet is better. Too bad it wouldn’t work on TVC Gunner

From L2R: POTF2, TSC, TVC
]
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #87 on: July 5, 2019, 02:08 AM »

Not sure whether I like the 2006 TSC Gunner better or not, definitely the helmet is better. Too bad it wouldn’t work on TVC Gunner

From L2R: POTF2, TSC, TVC
]

Thanks! I'm a bit torn between the two as well.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 5, 2019, 07:47 AM »
I've always felt that the Death Star Gunner from the TSC line was one of the best Imperials of the past 10 or 15 years.  It's going to be interesting to compare the new TVC version with the TSC DSG in person.  And part of me is still holding out hope that Hasbro might make a turbo laser station for the gunner like in ANH.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: July 5, 2019, 10:44 AM »
The DS gunner is totally new, and has the padded armor vest (basically two Sandtrooper pauldrons turned sideways and forming a vest front and back) which was how gunners looked in ANH.  The OTC Gunner was just a jumpsuit guy with a removable helmet and is more as they appear in their limited ROTJ appearances.  His armor is 100% inaccurate and actually is clone body armor, I think.  I tend to leave it off.

I agree with Jesse - the 2006 Gunner seems to be the ROTJ DS2 Gunner and not the ANH DS Gunner.  The removable armor was a nice gimmick but not at all accurate.  This new one is based on Rogue One but pretty close to the ANH DS gunners.  Since they are serving different purposes and going to be on different shelves in my collection, I'm happy with both versions.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender