Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 4 (aka New TVC Wave 7)  (Read 28200 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Vintage Collection Wave 3
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Am i crazy or have waves 2&3 never yet appeared at a Target?
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Am i crazy or have waves 2&3 never yet appeared at a Target?

The only new thing I’ve found at Target in the last two months is the Mimban pack.  No new vintage, no 2-packs, no nothing.  And it’s not for lack of looking.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 12:18 AM »
You are not crazy.  To my knowledge no report of anything past wave 1 at Target.  Same at Kmart if they’re around you.  That said Walmart at least here keeps steadily putting Wave 2/3 figs out in some form or other.  So there is hope.  But to be fair my WM stores didn’t go ape**** on wave 1 either.  They got a case and sold out of it at most stores.  I only see repacks now from the new waves. 

Target on the other hand is a wasteland if not for exclusives and their basic figure stock is kind of rotating the same as Walmart’s is.  Their 2-pack stock is dead as TVC tho and only WM is getting new there too.

For all the **** WM takes on distribution I have always looked at Target as just as bad or even worse at times, just usually better on exclusives.  They’re just more predictable and all their stores seem evenly crappy (or thriving) whereas WM can have one store completely devoid of figures, another nearby filled with peg warmers, and another that is a goldmine of new stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 11:42 AM »
Target has been beyond bad for general release stuff. The exclusives have been awesome but the rest of it is terrible
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Target has been beyond bad for general release stuff. The exclusives have been awesome but the rest of it is terrible

It's always been kind of an ebb and flow, with one of Target/Walmart having a good run while the other sucks.  Right now Target is killing the exclusives while Walmart ****** theirs up so badly EE had to step in to help move product.  But Walmart has been beating Target on Solo Wave 4 and TVC Waves 2/3.  It's weird but it's always been a cyclical thing with one retail spot kinda being the 'hot' place at the moment.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Target needs to figure out how to clear their stale stock.  They used to be good at marking things down and closing out old SKUs.  Lately they've let things stagnant and the pegs get clogged with super old stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 01:02 PM »
It's always been kind of an ebb and flow, with one of Target/Walmart having a good run while the other sucks.  Right now Target is killing the exclusives while Walmart ****** theirs up so badly EE had to step in to help move product.  But Walmart has been beating Target on Solo Wave 4 and TVC Waves 2/3.  It's weird but it's always been a cyclical thing with one retail spot kinda being the 'hot' place at the moment.

As a guy surrounded by Targets but without a Walmart in sight, it's been frustrating.  I used to just go to Amazon, but lately they've either not had it either, or it's been way overpriced.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:02 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 04:57 PM »

As a guy surrounded by Targets but without a Walmart in sight, it's been frustrating.  I used to just go to Amazon, but lately they've either not had it either, or it's been way overpriced.

There are other places to shop.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2018, 05:33 PM »

Yeah, the only problem is that Vintage Solo is $18.75, 2-packs are $22.30, and if I can't find $35 worth to buy, there's $5.99 shipping.

If everything shows up at once that's great, but I don't know if i have the patience to check that site very day and wade through 50 listings for 3rd party sellers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2018, 08:40 PM »
I’m with Jeff there’s a goofy cycle to it and this is where losing TRU hurts too because that’s one less place to look.  In 07-2010 or so TRU was nuts with their sales tons of exclusives and all that stuff.  Walking in and finding multi packs, scenes, speederbike sets...  TRU wasn’t that way lately by any means and the line itself didn’t have things that nice either, but still one less place to Shop and compete is one less place.  That’s why the “good riddance” crowd never makes any sense to me.  I’ll moss Kmart when they’re dead here too.  They were the only places save for Target once that I found Hoth rebels.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 1, 2018, 11:30 PM »
.  I’ll moss Kmart when they’re dead here too. 

You won't have to, most of their locations already have moss growing inside.  :P
« Last Edit: November 1, 2018, 11:30 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #41 on: November 2, 2018, 10:52 AM »

Yeah, the only problem is that Vintage Solo is $18.75, 2-packs are $22.30, and if I can't find $35 worth to buy, there's $5.99 shipping.

If everything shows up at once that's great, but I don't know if i have the patience to check that site very day and wade through 50 listings for 3rd party sellers.

Rob,

You could try to order online and set it up for a store pick-up.  It might be a way to avoid the third party sellers on the site.

Just trying to help.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 3, 2018, 11:25 AM »

You can click a button for WM.com only.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 3, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Good to know, thanks gentlemen.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: November 5, 2018, 01:21 PM »
.  I’ll moss Kmart when they’re dead here too. 

You won't have to, most of their locations already have moss growing inside.  :P

Well played. :D

I was out and about in Cincinnati this weekend and I was in some Walmart stores and they all had wave 3 in complete sets or close to it.  They also had an inordinate number of Rangers.  The tanker and death trooper were nowhere to be found and once again Aphra was the least common 3 figure wirh Luke and Enfys Nest close seconds.  Rangers and Han and Cassian were all plentiful.

The range Trooper really is an impressively done figure tho so get a squad if you can.  It’s poseability is shocking to me and they really engineered him quite well.