Author Topic: Target Solo 3.75" Vandor-1 Playset with Chewbacca  (Read 465 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Target Solo 3.75" Vandor-1 Playset with Chewbacca
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 10:31 AM »
Yep playset will be $44.99
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 12:18 AM »
Interesting for sure. Glad they're doing something and hope they do well enough to explore bigger sets.
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Based off the info I got in store today these have a hard street date of 8/5. What is the point of a street date for something for a two month old movie?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 01:01 PM »
While these cardboard playsets aren't what I have in mind, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over not liking them.  I have hopes Haslab will come through, but even if they don't, I have amassed enough custom playsets and Space Walls now over time that I'm content (well, mostly content).

There are a lot of things that Hasbro has been doing that I don't really care for recently like these cardboard playsets, so I mostly just don't get them or wait until they hit a price I feel like I am comfortable spending the money on. If it's something I feel is worth it, I definitely go all in though (like the Sail Barge).

I kind wish for the Conveyex, they had just made a vehicle - with the front main area sold with one cargo cart, and then you could buy another set if you wanted to add more carts.  You'd get stuck with more front areas that way, but I am not sure they'd break them up as separate sets.  I also am not sure if Hasbro would feel it's "aggressive" enough or "action" enough for a vehicle, hence this playset approach.

I also an interested in an AT-Hauler.  Doubt that will ever happen, but I really like the design.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 02:46 PM »
I love the cardboard playsets. Hope that doesn't come as a shock to anyone. I can't wait to get them. My only complaint is the flat staircases...I wish people would stop thinking that's good enough, because its not. :-\

When I heard the rumor of the Vandor playset, I was hoping beyond hope they would just do it as a train set...I mean why not? I would have even taken a set like the little Thomas ones my sons have played with for years:

I can even imagine this exact layout working if converted to the Vandor theme.

(I have dreamed of Star Wars train tables for years, though. Like, making the equivalent of motorized Action Fleet ships that can "launch" into space on clear acrylic raised tracks, while speeders take tracks that stay landbound. It's been in my head forever.)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 02:51 PM »
I love playsets too, and love they're taking a shot at these. Vandor might have been more interesting as primarily the train and track, with some additional elements, but that's really a vehicle. Hopefully the lack of success of the Solo movie doesn't doom these or any other potential sets down the line. Anything from the OT, a Crait Base, Snoke's Throne Room, lots of ideas.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Would this be awesome if it was all plastic? Yes
Would I prefer it was OT? Yes
Do I wish it was $30? Yes

But I still like we got a playset again. So I'm not gonna flip out on Hasbro over it. I'm guessing no one assumed Solo would under perform this much and nothing is ever gonna be as inexpensive as we hope again
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:02 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • nothing good ever lasts
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 11:13 PM »
Found this playset at my local Target tonight, but got an 8/5 register block at checkout.  Tried to argue it was on the shelf, but they wouldn't sell it. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 02:41 PM »
These haven't been too hard to find. Gonna pick one up eventually.
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."