Collectibles > LEGO

Complete Set Storage?

(1/2) > >>

Dave:
As my kids are growing up they're not interested in keeping all of their Star Wars Legos built and in their rooms.

At this time I'm not interested in displaying these with the rest of my Star Wars collection and just want to put them in storage in the basement, although I guess I might display them at some future time.

Any recommendations on the best way to store these?
- Do I buy mega ziploc bags and store them mostly complete so I can easily reassemble them?  I know this will take up more room.
- Do I break these down in to individual blocks and put them in gallon sized ziplocs for better storage, knowing I would have to fully reassemble these in the future if I cared to display them?

Rob:
It’s a preference thing and a space thing.  I don’t think there’s a right answer.

Mine are all broken down to save space, separated into labeled ziplock bags and then like you said, in storage bins from there. 

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Rob on August  9, 2018, 11:16 PM ---Mine are all broken down to save space, separated into labeled ziplock bags and then like you said, in storage bins from there.

--- End quote ---

Same for me as well. In fact, I'm rapidly approaching a point where I need to break a lot down to make room for new stuff. I have no where to display the latest sets that have just been released.

Diddly:
Same, I have mine in giant freezer/zipper Ziplocs that are labeled. Then I have the Instructions thrown in somewhere too. Throw all of that into a giant Rubbermaid bin. Even a giant $100+ set fits into 2, sometimes 3 of those Ziplocs, so you can fit a ton of stuff into one single bin.

Deke Starkiller:

--- Quote from: Dave on August  9, 2018, 12:52 PM ---As my kids are growing up they're not interested in keeping all of their Star Wars Legos built and in their rooms.

At this time I'm not interested in displaying these with the rest of my Star Wars collection and just want to put them in storage in the basement, although I guess I might display them at some future time.

Any recommendations on the best way to store these?
- Do I buy mega ziploc bags and store them mostly complete so I can easily reassemble them?  I know this will take up more room.
- Do I break these down in to individual blocks and put them in gallon sized ziplocs for better storage, knowing I would have to fully reassemble these in the future if I cared to display them?

--- End quote ---

When I moved across the country my UCS Star Destroyer was: dusted, disassembled, parts separated, and pieces were bagged accordingly then put into larger bags. So, dust 'em and bag 'em.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version