Author Topic: Toy City (Pop-up Toy Chain)  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Toy City (Pop-up Toy Chain)
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2018, 02:51 PM »
I tried going by one of the locations.  It seems to be sharing space with HALLOWEEN CITY, but it wasn't open yet.  From what I've read the retail space is rented out for Halloween City, and once Halloween is over the space will transition over to TOY CITY.  And that should run through the Christmas holiday season.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 02:51 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 08:35 AM »
So how much will old waves of figures be marked up? Scalper prices?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 11:35 AM »
I'm guessing that the prices will be about 0.5% less than what you see at a comic and toy show.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 12:40 PM »
That's not good.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2018, 02:43 PM »
I finally managed to check out a Toy City location.  It shared space with a Halloween City location in a standalone building at one of the more busy malls in the New York/New Jersey area.  In terms of the space and display pieces it is like a lot of pop-up shops that I've seen before  (think Toys R Us Express, etc).

So what did they have?  Honestly, not a whole lot.  It looks like the focus of the store is largely on the Halloween City half of the store which has a good deal of stock.  There are three aisles of Star Wars costumes.  And in the costume aisles I also found 2 x Star Wars Black Series Darth Vader helmets.  I did not see a price on these.

In the action figure aisle there is about 4 feet of shelf space devoted to Star Wars.  And there was barely anything on the shelves.  I saw 2 pegs worth of Hero Mashers and that was it!  No 6" figures and no 3.75" figures either.  There was a photo planogram hanging from one of the shelves that indicated they would eventually be stocking role play items like masks, lightsabers and Nerf.  There is also peg space designated for the 6" Black Series, Vintage Collection and Titanium figures.

Near the registers there was a fairly decent supply of Funko Pops, but none of them were Star Wars pieces.  In fact, there was so little toy stock that there were signs all over the Toy City half of the store saying "More Toys Coming Soon".  I think that right now these stores are focused on Halloween and will shift that focus to toys come November.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback