Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

Deluxe Black Series 6" General Grievous

(1/5) > >>

Jayson:
I found info for what is rumored to be an exclusive 6" General Grievous and due to its larger size, details and accessories, if falls into that magical $29.99 price point. Originally (months ago) I had heard it was going to Amazon but info turned up yesterday that Target was getting get him. Now, it's possible that he's not exclusive at all but part of a line of general release deluxe figures.

We'll have to see how it pans out I guess. It's not due for about 6 months so who knows what the retail landscape will look like then.

Darby:
Thanks as ever Jayson.

I remember thinking the Gammy would be a test run for an eventual open stock deluxe line, so I think you're right. Curious to see what else beyond Grievous they have in store. Ephont Mon?

🤔😉

Nicklab:
Now we know why Hasbro was asking about that $29.99 price point for 6" Black Series figures in that survey.  ::)

But truthfully?  I can understand why a character like Grievous would demand more attention/tooling in order to present a good figure in the 6" figure line.  And presenting some sort of Deluxe figure line would actually be pretty welcome to me.  I guess the question then is how intricate would a 6" TBS Deluxe figure line get?

As for whether or not it's an exclusive?  I would prefer Grievous to be a general release.  Target has been reasonably good with exclusives (except for the Gamorrean Guard in my region), but I guess we'll see soon enough.

McMetal:
As long as he stands up better than the crappy diecast Elite Series figure...that thing was a nightmare to pose. I finally gave up and just sold him.

Diddly:
I have zero qualms about paying $29.99 for a 6 inch Grievous. There needs to be a ton of articulation, potentially two sets of arms, 4 lightsabers, a blaster, and there SHOULD be a cape included, but I can see Hasbro skipping that. I can see how all of that would add up in terms of expenses.

But $29.99 for the regular line? Absolutely not, unless there are multiple heads/hands included along with multiple accessories. Make them like Hasbro's version of MAFEX/SH Figuarts figures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version