Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance 3.75" Basic Figures  (Read 7839 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance 3.75" Basic Figures
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13 PM »
For some reason the Resistance toys are tagged with a hard lockout street date of 1/15, from speaking with a friend who is a Target employee, it is the same kind of sale lock-out that they use for CDs and DVD/BluRays - those are always locked out until the Tuesday of the release.

For these toys though? Beyond stupid.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Public service announcement. Careful going to Target now. If you go in the action figure aisle you could now get this upcoming TV show spoiled for you......
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 02:45 PM »
I cracked these open with my daughter yesterday and had some fun setting them up.  She immediately claimed Torra, Synara, and Bucket as hers.  I guess I gotta make another Target run and backfill my display.

I found it interesting that Torra doesn't come with a gun.  (I've always wondered why nearly every single figure (other than droids) ever created comes with a gun of some sort even if that character never was in a situation where it made sense.)  All of the other Resistance characters come with a gun, but she does not.

Overall I thought the characters were well done.  I would have preferred less First Order characters and a few more of the platform characters, but I'm assuming those are coming in future waves.  Along those lines, has Hasbro revealed any plans for more releases in this line?  Tam and Neeku are the big gaps from the first half of season one.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 1, 2019, 09:03 AM »
I was able to pick up all six of these at walmart. This wave and he tube figures are pretty easy to pick up. Not that I want the tube figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2019, 02:41 PM »
I cracked these open with my daughter yesterday and had some fun setting them up.  She immediately claimed Torra, Synara, and Bucket as hers.  I guess I gotta make another Target run and backfill my display.

I found it interesting that Torra doesn't come with a gun.  (I've always wondered why nearly every single figure (other than droids) ever created comes with a gun of some sort even if that character never was in a situation where it made sense.)  All of the other Resistance characters come with a gun, but she does not.

Overall I thought the characters were well done.  I would have preferred less First Order characters and a few more of the platform characters, but I'm assuming those are coming in future waves.  Along those lines, has Hasbro revealed any plans for more releases in this line?  Tam and Neeku are the big gaps from the first half of season one.

I've seen nothing about future figures but have heard a rumbling of a vehicle. I've seen no supporting evidence of it in my research, though.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 1, 2019, 02:52 PM »
If it's the TFA model X-wing that's going to be disappointing.  Yeah, Kaz and Poe both fly them in a few episodes, but the toy is a less than stellar rendition.  A Fireball vehicle might be a little more relevant to the story of the show.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: February 1, 2019, 09:07 PM »
I got my Bucket from my friends and damn it’s a really nice figure.  BAD level articulation.  Color me shocked.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77