Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures
« on: November 28, 2018, 12:50 PM »
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures to Debut on New “Star Wars Kids” Website and YouTube Channel

Brand new series of family friendly OT animation shorts to help new generation of kids learn the OT characters.

I'm not sure why today's kids can't just watch the OT movies and instead need flashy new cartoons to meet Han, Luke, and Leia, but whatever I guess. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 02:18 PM »
I think this looks pretty awesome. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:01 PM »
The art style is much better than Star Wars Resistance.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 06:37 PM »
I wonder if this is the cartoon LFL was thinking of when probing around about the TIE Fighter short on Youtube.  The animation more closely matches it, there are some visual cues in there too that harken to it.  It looks like fun, and something different.  I'm open to whatever they want to crank out at this point, and look forward to it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Cancel Star Wars Resistance and make this a series instead.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 11:13 AM »
That would be awesome. Then everyone would have more material to tell us why Disney was "ruining" George's characters more.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 12:00 AM »
I’m actually enjoying Resistance some.  I like a lot of the designs and while it’s not adding much to the overall story it’s adding something different.  Suits me fine.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 12:32 AM »
I think you said it well Jesse. I've enjoyed the last handful of episodes now. And whereas they don't play much of a part in the grand story of Star Wars they still are fun and different. Aren't stories that don't always end with some guy having a direct role in blowing up the Death Star something we wanted?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 03:54 AM »
Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking haha.  No Jedi stuff has been nice for once.  It was probably the thing that detracted most Fromm rebels for me.  Had that been just about a Rebel faction of normal people it maybe wouldn’t have had the wow of Jedi in it but I liked Hera a lot more than any of the force wielders.  She and Chopper were the best characters on the show I thought.  The mystical force stuff took me out of the show in a way and I felt like Sabine’s arc was crowbarring Mandalore in because hey, everyone likes them right? 🤷‍♂️

I figure Disney can dip their toes in any of this animation stuff at their leisure in a way since it’s on their own network and seems relatively “easy” for them to try stuff.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2018, 10:53 AM »
I finally had a chance to watch the episodes that dropped on November 30th last night.  It was interesting to see this kind of take on some classic scenes with movie dialogue and audio.  The best of the bunch had to be Darth Vader against the Rebel troopers.  It was reminiscent of the scene in ROGUE ONE, but also seemed to cross over into ANH / Tantive IV territory, while using some dialogue from TESB.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback