Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion  (Read 35021 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 4, 2018, 04:59 PM »
However, today's email also made it pretty clear that changes are coming to the HasbroToyShop website starting on January 18, 2019. Stay tuned for more details.

Maybe they'll announce that they're actually going to have thing in stock from now on.   :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 4, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Looks like HTS will remain alive.

Hasbro sent out some clarifying info today re-iterating the info from yesterday that it is the sale of items through the brand websites (transformers.com, nerf.com, etc) that is ending.  You can still purchase items, access your account, and check existing orders using your login at Hasbro Toy Shop.

However, today's email also made it pretty clear that changes are coming to the HasbroToyShop website starting on January 18, 2019. Stay tuned for more details.

Very strange.  Some clarification from Hasbro seems to be in order.

To further muddy the waters?  The HTS storefront on eBay is still alive and kicking.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 09:02 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: December 4, 2018, 10:58 PM »

They might actually have product?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2018, 11:50 AM »

Maybe they'll announce that they're actually going to have things in stock from now on.   :P

Ahem.   :)
« Last Edit: December 5, 2018, 11:51 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 5, 2018, 02:46 PM »
I honestly wonder what leads to some of the sales decisions at Hasbro. For example, Vintage waves 2 and 3 have hit retail and have been available via EE, Dorkside and the like. But, have not appeared on HTS yet. I'm dumbfounded by this. Now they're making changes, limiting the amount of options consumers have to purchase from. It would make sense for HTS to revamp their business model to boost direct sales, but given what a hassle it's been throughout the years to simply purchase certain products, I fear they're headed in the opposite direction.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2018, 06:28 PM »

Maybe they'll announce that they're actually going to have things in stock from now on.   :P

Ahem.   :)

Hey....we were all thinking it!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2018, 09:09 AM »
I'm offended by Walmart's latest commercials.

Best and only toy shop it should say.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2018, 09:53 AM »
I'm offended by Walmart's latest commercials.

Best and only toy shop it should say.

I couldn't disagree more. Their management of their toy department is beyond incompetent.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2018, 11:28 AM »
I've been to plenty of Targets and Walmarts and I've found either nothing at all, or just Vintage wave 1. If hasbrotoyshop means I can actually get a ******* new figure sometimes, I'll be happy.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: December 7, 2018, 08:22 PM »
I gotta defend wm here...  I’ve gotten tanker after tanker and wave 3 galore at it.  I’ve not seen death troopers or Enfys Nest too often but I’ve seen many of the rest here.  Walmart May **** the bed some but I’d say they’re no worse than anyone else.  Target has been a wasteland for me for a LONG time now.  Wave 1 TVC they went ham on and never seemed to realized that.  They have had steady forcelink restock but so has wm, and Target hasn’t had any of the newest wave yet.  It is definitely cyclical.

I’ve gotten a lot at HTS over the years too...  they were first with the new tie fighter and stuff.  They were first behind amazon to list the latest forcelink figs too. 

But when it’s available I’m preordering TVC at EE first here.  Just spare me the headache at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 9, 2018, 12:57 PM »
See, I find that fascinating Jesse.

Out here, all of our WM's manage their toy departments to the point where I wonder how people keep their jobs. Half of our stores don't carry Vintage collection items. Each store gets exactly one case of exclusives, and that's it. I had a discussion with someone at WM.com who was either lying to me or woefully ignorant of their job because I knew what they were trying to tell me was factually incorrect. I've driven several times from NC to PA making every rest stop at WM. Again, inconsistent management the entire way.

On the other hand, Target out this way is reasonably consistent across the board. Always have the same items in stock from store to store, will always get their exclusives consistently enough to find them within a month.

Yet, I hear of WM's elsewhere that are a dream with reasonably consistent restocks of new items and exclusives. I've seen pictures. I'm so curious as to why the wild disparity.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 9, 2018, 01:36 PM »
I also think people over value what it means to be "toy manager" at these stores. I was the toy manager for multiple years at Target.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 03:27 AM »
WM isn't perfect here, and I'd dare say they probably aren't all that different it's maybe just more that stores aren't as plentiful, and nor is population comparatively speaking, to CA, and I think that probably is playing some part in it...  I have WM's I hit routinely, but none are a stone's throw from my house.  Even my GF has one close, and two more reasonable, but they're all some driving up or down the freeway depending which ones I'm heading for.

Target is even more sparse here generally speaking.

One store here is really small, actually a renovated Ames, and it sucks...  It's the only reno WM I've ever seen, it's nearer the city than the ones I frequent further out the highway near where we are...  It's just different and sounds a lot more like what you experience Ant.  It sucks, has a small toy area, small stock of anything, and it's always a mess.

On the topic of Exclusives, KM and TRU were every bit as good at getting exclusives as Target, but WM is obviously not even in the discussion there, lol.  They're ass at that.  They'll get 90 TVC TIE Fighters at any given store but the TVC figures everyone wanted, who knows where they even are at this point, what happened...  it's just a mess.  I hate them on exclusives as much as any of us do.  That's Target's crown there at this point.  And Target toy areas are always nicer, it's just how they're run.

I agree with you too Nick, I see too many people blaming the poor dude at the toy aisle when they catch him there...  It's like finding the fabled "Hasbro Rep" too.  Those people don't know much either.  I was friends with some of them locally here, and they were quite open with telling me they honestly don't have any clue what's going on with the line unless it's something THEY collected and had the desire to learn about.  Otherwise it was just helping keep their product stocked and neat.

I try not to get mad at retail workers...  it's hard work for little reward generally.  And we obviously have a microscope on this line, and know the stores inside out at this point in time since we've all been at this for eons now. 

I do get a tad pissed when I'm talking to customer service at any store though, and I know how their store operates, and they just lie to your face because they just want you to leave and don't realize YOU know their job as well or better than they do because you're an obsessed collector lol.

Currently I'm peeved at WM.com because their ship to store is ass and their site has not let me add a pick-up person all f'n weekend long...  THAT I may bitch about because they're the ones who delayed my order for no reason and now won't let me add someone closer to pick my damn tank up! >:(  Amazon has its **** together far more than WM.com does.

EDIT: BTW Ant, I **** you not on this, I randomly went into WM last night and found a full wave 3 case, and all of the Solo Forcelink figs...  That store had just put out Wave 1 TVC too this past week, and sold through a lot of them to boot!  Now Wave 3 again...  it's nuts.  And the Wave 1 selling is maybe the weirdest thing.  The Hoth Rebels still are going first, but even Rey and Kylo are selling ok, Jyn some too.  FO Troopers and Snoke though?  Nope.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 03:29 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 09:41 AM »
I wish I had your Walmart near me Jesse. The only tanker I've found is the one I ordered from EE.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 12:02 PM »
I've seen all the Vintage waves multiple times here, but I can't find a goddamn Quay Tolsite to save my life. And I think I was in the bathroom for the 5 minutes he lasted on HTS.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy