Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

Black Series Hyper-Real Figure Line?

(1/3) > >>

Nicklab:
Still pondering what the newly rumored Hasbro Black Series Hyper Real line will be like.  Yakface is reporting a price point of $79.99, which is honestly kind of steep.  Will it be something like the Marvel Legends 12" figure line?  That is the next closest line that comes to mind for me, but IIRC those figures had an MSRP of $39.99.  ML collectors please feel free to correct me if I'm not accurate with that number.

Dave:
Not sure where to put this - admins move it as necessary.

Yakface is reporting on Hyperreal figures that may be larger than 6" figures for an $80 price point.

I'm not sure if they're taking another run at Centerpiece type figures in an attempt to compete with Koto, Sideshow, etc. or what they're shooting for. 

Is the Centerpiece line officially dead?  I hope so.

I personally think the current 6" line is a great happy medium of articulation, accessories, and price point.  I like the vehicles and exclusives that they've come out with that bring more accessories, interesting bases, etc.

Would I buy a Hasbro version of a Sideshow figure for $80 or a revamped Centerpiece line?  I kind of doubt it, but will be interested to see what this ends up being.

P-Siddy:
Wow!  An update with the correct price.  Ouch!

Brian:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on February  7, 2019, 03:09 PM ---Still pondering what the newly rumored Hasbro Black Series Hyper Real line will be like.  Yakface is reporting a price point of $79.99, which is honestly kind of steep.  Will it be something like the Marvel Legends 12" figure line?  That is the next closest line that comes to mind for me, but IIRC those figures had an MSRP of $39.99.  ML collectors please feel free to correct me if I'm not accurate with that number.

--- End quote ---

I think $40 sounds about right for the ML ones, with the Hulk I believe being a little higher. I've personally grabbed two of them: Spidey ($25) and Cap ($10), when they were on sale at Amazon. I know I've seen Black Panther at Target for $40 though.  I'd be interested in a few (Han/Chewie if they made them), but not at $80. If the "Hyper Real" puts these closer to Hot Toys territory (unlikely), that would be interesting.

Darth_Anton:
I'll pick up a Stormtrooper, but that's it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version