Author Topic: McFarlane Toys Gets DC Collector Figure License  (Read 563 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
McFarlane Toys Gets DC Collector Figure License
« on: February 12, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Looks like McFarlane will be picking up the DC Multiverse 6" figure license starting in 2020.  Should have some prototype type figures ready for Toy Fair.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/mcfarlane-toys-and-dc-team-up-to-create-collector-figures-starting-in-2020-toyfair/
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Toys Gets DC Collector Figure License
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:22 PM »
Just read this today as well, interesting. I see McFarlane also got the license for Harry Potter/Wizarding World figures, so they are really making a splash here, pre Toy Fair. I think it will really be an interesting time in the action figure arena. More and more focus on 6" stuff, as well as a fairly clear line between "kids stuff" and collectibles. Really curious what we will see for Star Wars.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Mattel reminds me of an NFL Team shedding bloated contracts to prep for a huge Free Agent splash.  ;)

Prediction: McFarlane will do a nice line of DC figures, inexplicably skipping over some obvious choices, and then abruptly change scales just to p*ss everyone off.
I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 04:37 PM »
I really don't care for their stuff.  More statue than figure and the faces always look creepy to me. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:04 AM »
Huge mistake not having anything to show for this line at SDCC, Todd.
I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me