Collectibles > Kenner Retro Collection

2019 Kenner Retro Collection - Star Wars

(1/25) > >>

Rob:
So... Kenner-style Star Wars figures?

Muftak:

--- Quote from: Rob on February 15, 2019, 09:29 PM ---So... Kenner-style Star Wars figures?

--- End quote ---

My mind is racing with this...

Want -- Tarkin, Rebel Trooper, Cantina Band, Muftak (!!!), Mongo Beefhead Tribesman...

Reality -- Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Rose (!!!)

Also, there's no way it happens for less than $13 a figure. Maybe as high as $20.

Rob:

--- Quote from: Muftak on February 15, 2019, 10:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob on February 15, 2019, 09:29 PM ---So... Kenner-style Star Wars figures?

--- End quote ---

My mind is racing with this...

Want -- Tarkin, Rebel Trooper, Cantina Band, Muftak (!!!), Mongo Beefhead Tribesman...

Reality -- Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Rose (!!!)

Also, there's no way it happens for less than $13 a figure. Maybe as high as $20.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, but they shouldn’t cost more regular 5POA figures - even though they will.

Muftak:
Oh no, Hasbro would/will cite limited collector interest and lower production runs to justify the high price. And I mean, if GOA rehashes are 10 bucks a pop, why shouldn't brand-new sculpts cost more?

All that said, if I were in charge I would do 12 waves of 12 figures each to cover each of the movies (though Clone Wars would cover the whole series.) Essential characters for prequels and sequels, and missed opportunities for the OT.

It begs the question, what kind of packaging? If it is Vintage, why not stick these in TVC waves to help abate costs of new highly-articulated figures? Oh the mind reels at the possibilities...

(Have to get the speculating fun done before Hasbro pops my balloon tomorrow...) uh

Rob:
I don’t mind the idea of supplementing the vintage line in theory.  The part I worry about is them making figures that already exist from the 70’s and 80’s.  Like, they’re going to make retro OT figures without touching Luke, Leia, Vader, etc...? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version