Author Topic: 2019 Kenner Retro Collection - Star Wars  (Read 51970 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Kenner Retro Collection
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2019, 03:29 PM »
The reports circulating today about a Father’s Day display with all 4 exclusives  in the men’s clothing section are accurate. I got my set of Retro figures today in such a section and saw the Tarkin, TVC, and TBS sets as well. Also some non-SW video games as well.

I can corroborate this sighting...though the display I encountered had empty spots where all the Star Wars stuff was supposed to be.

Is it more odd that a "Father's Day" display is filled with Star Wars toys, or that the fathers wiped it out in one day before such items could be purchased as presents for them?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2019, 10:43 AM »
I'm hoping more of these make it to the pegs.  There's been no sign of these in my area.

Don't forget - these are only Target exclusive for now.  Per Hasbro's latest update on May 4th, these Retro Collection figures will be available at "fan channels" this Fall -

From the press release -
"Available exclusively at Target, Target.com on 5/12/2019, and at most fan channel retailers nationwide in Fall 2019."

If you can't find them now, just wait until Fall and order a case of them from Entertainment Earth (#sponsorplug).

Glad to hear this. Tired of striking out on these. Maybe that 2nd run will have figures that are actually able to hold the weapons.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2019, 01:42 AM »
I have to say, I'm more than a tad disappointed in these. My Han can not hold his blaster, the hand is sculpted too small. Opposite  with the stormtrooper.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2019, 11:46 AM »
I was able to find the four figures I wanted (Leia, Big Head, and 2 Stormies) in the wild last week, and I had a real good laugh at the failed accessory compatibility. Oh, the hubris of Hasbro, thinking they could just sleepwalk through these "primitive" designs! Leia does a little better than the boys with her gun thanks to the pincer-hand design, but if her arm points down it is still a 50/50 gamble if she will hold on to the gun for any period of time.

I guess these were truly meant to stay in the package.

Tarkin, meanwhile, is just fine.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Just left my local Target and asked someone to run the assortment DPCI (087-16-8221). Not only did they not have any in stock and none of the other stores were listed as having any in stock, but the DPCI has been marked in their system as discontinued. If that is accurate across the nation, then it is possible that Target has ran thru their allotment and there will be no more until they hit the fan channel outlets later this year. This would line up with something I noticed last night that searching “Star Wars retro collection “ on the Target app no longer shows these figures. I know folks are still finding them in store, but I have a feeling that this is the end of it for now.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46 PM »
I found everything two days ago except for Vader and a Stormtrooper... I still don’t get the point, but the Tarkin is definitely cool.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:46 PM by Rob »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2019, 12:14 PM »
I expect the other six at the least, along with one or two more expansions into the 'What If' category (Wedge, Slave Leia, etc.). The vac metal issue is a great point, though. That may present some problems. Though the Droids fans among us might appreciate less shiny versions of 3-PO/R2. Next year being the ESB anniversary we'll likely see more of these from that film.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2019, 12:20 PM »
I hope if they keep this line going they add in "new retro" figures like Tarkin.  I'm not really interested in the re-release versions, but think the neo-retro figure concept is pretty cool.  I'd probably buy a solid handful of neo-retro figures each year - even new TFA/TLJ would be fun.  Rey, Phasma, Kylo Ren, etc.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Vinyl capped Jawa anyone?

It's the one vintage figure I don't have. Would be nice to have, even if it's an official re-issue.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2019, 10:29 PM »
Have there been any studies yet on how much Leia vintage blasters have plummeted in value since the release of these?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 2, 2019, 10:18 AM »
By any chance does anyone’s have an extra Vader and Stormtrooper they’d part with for a reasonable price?  I’ve been wandering in and out of Targets for a few weeks now and have only managed to find the other four, and only once at that.  Plenty of Tarkins everywhere, but I’ve checked a ton and now they’re allegedly (at Target at least) discontinued...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: June 2, 2019, 05:56 PM »
The discontinued news may not be.  They’re ringing up now under their UPCs.  So maybe Target is realizing their DPCI tracking bites them in the ass some?  I’m not sure but that’s the word floating around.  I believe JediMoses was the first I saw to mention this anywhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 2, 2019, 06:40 PM »
Ah ok, that’s great.  I’ll just keep looking and will pass on eBay for now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 8, 2019, 05:19 PM »
The discontinued news may not be.  They’re ringing up now under their UPCs.  So maybe Target is realizing their DPCI tracking bites them in the ass some?  I’m not sure but that’s the word floating around.  I believe JediMoses was the first I saw to mention this anywhere.

So it's been a month and I still haven't seen any trace of these things beyond the one time I found Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie in Florida back at the end of May.

They're still expected to show up more right?  Online at least?  I'm resisting the urge to overpay to be caught up.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #104 on: July 8, 2019, 11:26 PM »
If I remember correctly, it's sometime around September.
This is the way.

I have spoken.