Author Topic: 2019 Walmart Jabba's Palace Adventure Set  (Read 43170 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Walmart Jabba's Palace Adventure Set
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 01:34 AM »
If it's articulation and assembly that really drives up Hasbro's costs, it might be in their interests to start producing more "display wall" playsets like this that are largely a hunk of detailed plastic without all that much production assembly.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 03:01 AM »
If it's articulation and assembly that really drives up Hasbro's costs, it might be in their interests to start producing more "display wall" playsets like this that are largely a hunk of detailed plastic without all that much production assembly.

Imagine how quickly they could put the Space Walls guys out of business with a cheaper product of the same quality, you mean?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 09:46 AM »
I don't need this one, but I'm glad to see them doing these.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 11:11 AM »
I wonder how I can fit this onto my Jabba's Palace Dio shelf.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 11:31 AM »

Was thinking the same thing. Tantive IV corridors, Imperial computer rooms, lots to be done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 12:55 PM »

Imagine how quickly they could put the Space Walls guys out of business with a cheaper product of the same quality, you mean?

They really could... I can't remember what year it was (2010 maybe), I posted a "mockup Toyfair presentation" of what I'd like to see Hasbro make at Yakface, and the space wall concept was one of them and each set would come with 1-2 figures.  Not long after, Galactic Merchants started showing designs for their 3D printed sets of them... we know how that faired though as they couldn't keep up with demand and the quality was just not there with 3D printing... then GTP toys started their thing and yeah they are expensive... love the quality though.

Here we are now with Hasbro finally dipping into this... their whole stance on playsets for a long time that "they don't sell" just seemed like it was coming from people who just didn't want to change any of their business model to try it out.  I think a lot of it comes down to someone with pull at Hasbro actually wanting to do it, then it can happen.  I hope these sets go over well and we see a whole lot more! Don't want to get ahead of ourselves because they might not really dive into these after this, but there are so many possibilities and the production costing for Hasbro wouldn't seem to be that high.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 01:04 PM »
I’m really excited about that Jabba’s playset / dio piece.  That’s the highlight of the day for me.

I'm with you.  This is the coolest thing coming out of the show.  I've been wanting to make a Cantina diorama and this is the perfect wall piece to build around.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 11:11 AM »
I have to wonfer if there might be two or thee other sets coming out to complete Jabba's court.
Macklunkey!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 11:33 AM »
Lets hope it does well enough to justify more sets. Hasbro went through the trouble of making Tontine IV corridors for Comic-Con last year, I would hope it'd be fairly cost-effective to down-size them for 3.75 inch.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 09:06 AM »
What's with the sheep dog on the right?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 01:18 PM »
What's with the sheep dog on the right?

It's a Jerba head...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 7, 2019, 05:26 PM »
So, half the cost of this is the two figures I'm assuming. $26 for the figures, $24 for the playset.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 10:35 AM »
So, I watched the video review of this set that was posted over at Yakface and for whatever reason it didn't dawn on me until now that the Han/Carbonite is different from the previous release.

I was planning to keep the Han figure carded for my carded Han collection, but seeing that the figure apparently has the photo-real deco and the carbonite block has a magnet needed to work with the set, I guess I'll need to buy two Palace sets to get two Han figures- one to open and one to keep carded.  ::)

Not sure what I'll do with all the extra ReeYees...

Also, for the carded folks, the video confirms Carbonite Han = VC136 and Ree-Yees = VC137.  I have updated the JediDefender TVC Figure Release List with the numbers.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:37 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Not sure what I'll do with all the extra ReeYees...

He won't fit on your Sail Barge?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 12:32 PM »
He won't fit on your Sail Barge?

I already have the original 2013 Black Series 3.75" version on my Sail Barge.  I'll probably just sell the ones from the Jabba sets I buy.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender