Author Topic: 2019 Walmart VC144 Skiff Guard Lando  (Read 12650 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2019 Walmart VC144 Skiff Guard Lando
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Lando is in-stock at Walmart.com this morning.  Also has free shipping right now too.

Thanks to Yakface.com for the heads up.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Awesome!  Got one for my Jabba's Palace Dio and one for the new skiff!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2019, 11:31 PM »
Got one because that new face deco is pretty damn nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 3, 2019, 12:17 PM »
So under my account it says the two Landos I ordered should be delivered today, but the order is still processing.  I have a feeling I'm not seeing these figures today.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 3, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Mine says it should have arrived by yesterday... I've been charged, but the order status still says "Preparing Order".

So yeah, not expecting this in the immediate future.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2019, 01:07 PM »
I'm in the same boat. April fool's?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2019, 02:00 PM »
Mine says it is arriving today but is still tagged as "preparing order" as well.

I guess that explains the mystery of why they didn't sell out immediately. (some/most of us should probably expect to have our orders cancelled once the stock does become available.)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2019, 08:34 AM »
People seem pretty mad about this figure right now...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2019, 08:37 AM »
It's more that people are sick and tired of Walmart's inability to get exclusives in our hands. It's just another exclusive that should have been general release, or exclusive somewhere else.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2019, 09:43 AM »
Exclusives are the worst - Walmart exclusives are even worse than that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2019, 10:08 AM »
I like to *THINK* that I can be pretty patient and would eventually see this Lando on the pegs at my local Walmart store.  But lo and behold, there's been a Measles outbreak in the area where that particular Walmart store is located.  Out of an abundance of caution I am not going near that store for the next month or more.  And vaccinations or not, I'm not risking exposure to the measles to find an exclusive figure or go on a toy run.  What's happened though is that a lot of retail stores in that area are like ghost towns, Walmart included, because of this nonsense.

In light of the situation I gladly placed an order via the Walmart app.  And I'm still waiting on a shipping notification.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2019, 10:09 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Mine says it is arriving today but is still tagged as "preparing order" as well.

I guess that explains the mystery of why they didn't sell out immediately. (some/most of us should probably expect to have our orders cancelled once the stock does become available.)

Today, refreshing the same window that told me they were "preparing order" yesterday, now tells me I haven't ordered anything from them in the last 6 months. My bank account would beg to differ--the payment is still pending there. I have received no cancellation email (never mind a shipping notice!) The order has simply disappeared.

I guess it was just an April Fool's prank. Except for the pending bank authorization, I feel so apathetic about all this. If anything, it makes me anticipate this figure much much less.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: April 4, 2019, 10:49 AM »
It's more that people are sick and tired of Walmart's inability to get exclusives in our hands.

Over the past 18 months, it's pretty staggering the amount of failures Walmart has had -

Black Series 6" Throne Room Kylo - Due October 2017, finally started hitting stores March 2018
Black Series 6" Mimban Stormtrooper - Due May 2018, finally started hitting stores October 2018

VC122 Island Journey Rey - Due Spring 2018, cancelled by Walmart in Summer 2018, Pre-Order at EE in Fall 2018, finally shipped Winter 2018.
VC123 Mimban Stormtrooper - due Fall 2018, finally started shipping in Spring 2019.
VC144 Lando - our current massive 'over-order' debacle on Walmart.com

And that's not even including the distribution debacle that was the boxed 3.75" Black Series line in 2015-2017.  About the only thing that managed to hit stores in good numbers were the dramatically over-priced $65 AT-ST and $80 TIE Fighter, which were both clearanced at like 75% off in many stores.

Basically, I guess I'm saying I expect my Lando order from the other day to either a) get cancelled next week or b) get fulfilled sometime in October 2019. :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 4, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Update on my order: I reached out via the WalMart "chat" and they told me that since I made my purchase with a guest account that it would not be visible to me until they send a shipping notification. (When I asked why I was able to see it yesterday, they told me they could transfer me to tech support. I declined.)

Their stance was that the order was still in the process of being fulfilled. I told them the timeliness of the promised delivery yesterday was a big factor for me. They offered to cancel the order and give me a $15 eGift Card for the trouble. I took that offer.

Sorry Lando, I gave up on ya! If I see you in the store while looking for the Adventure Playset, we will reconsider.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2019, 10:59 AM »
I like to *THINK* that I can be pretty patient and would eventually see this Lando on the pegs at my local Walmart store.  But lo and behold, there's been a Measles outbreak in the area where that particular Walmart store is located.  Out of an abundance of caution I am not going near that store for the next month or more.  And vaccinations or not, I'm not risking exposure to the measles to find an exclusive figure or go on a toy run.  What's happened though is that a lot of retail stores in that area are like ghost towns, Walmart included, because of this nonsense.

In light of the situation I gladly placed an order via the Walmart app.  And I'm still waiting on a shipping notification.

I am really starting to question your commitment to this hobby, Nick.  :D

I checked into my Walmart account today and no change.  At least it didn't disappear!
This is the way.

I have spoken.