Author Topic: 6" Black Series Solo Wave 6  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Solo Wave 6
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:25 AM »
Up for pre-order on HasbroPulse.com as well.

Was there going to be a special three pack of Aphra and her droids as an exclusive, or am I getting this confused with the 3.75" line?  For some reason I've got written down that there was going to be a three pack for 6" as well.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:26 AM »
I have a strong feeling this wave is going to be impossible to find in stores.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Up for pre-order on HasbroPulse.com as well.

Was there going to be a special three pack of Aphra and her droids as an exclusive, or am I getting this confused with the 3.75" line?  For some reason I've got written down that there was going to be a three pack for 6" as well.

Probably confusing these 6 inch figures with that 4 inch set from last year. That TVC set was exclusive to SDCC and the only current way to get Aphra's droids in the 4 inch scale
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44 AM »
These are up for presale at Amazon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 10:10 AM »
I just got a notification from Amazon that they cancelled my pre-orders for Obi-Wan Kenobi and BT-1 from this wave.  Did anyone else get that notification too?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 12:29 PM »
I just got a notification from Amazon that they cancelled my pre-orders for Obi-Wan Kenobi and BT-1 from this wave.  Did anyone else get that notification too?

I did yesterday.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 02:27 AM »
Saw some on social media as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 11:11 AM »
I know you can pre-order this stuff elsewhere (e.g. HasbroPulse.com), but does anyone know the status of these items?  Are these cancelled and Amazon is the only one on the ball?  Is distribution being limited for some reason?

I have to wonder if the Trump / China tariffs have jacked up prices by 30% and its screwing up pre-orders.  Amazon is cancelling and will re-post at a higher price later?  I wonder if HasbroPulse is going to eat the margin difference or is just slow in how to handle this.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 09:10 AM »
HasbroPulse has charged me for the 4 figures I ordered from this wave.  Hoping to get a shipping notice on these soon.

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Dr. Alphra arrived today from Amazon. I love this figure. It was only $17.95 with free prime shipping. I hope the droids arrive early too.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Got shipping notices for 4 of 6 that I ordered from HasbroPulse.  They're all being shipped separately.  ???

I'm guessing Hasbro is still using FedEx to manage their inventory and fulfillment.

All six figures come in a case, so instead of mailing them all together FedEx decided to ship them separately to drive up their revenue and Hasbro's cost.

Now my wife is going to get twitchy thinking that I've ordered an obscene amount of Star Wars stuff when four packages all arrive on the same day.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 01:18 PM »
I know that twitchy look.  :o

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 09:05 PM »
Got shipping notices for 4 of 6 that I ordered from HasbroPulse.  They're all being shipped separately.  ???

I'm guessing Hasbro is still using FedEx to manage their inventory and fulfillment.

All six figures come in a case, so instead of mailing them all together FedEx decided to ship them separately to drive up their revenue and Hasbro's cost.

Now my wife is going to get twitchy thinking that I've ordered an obscene amount of Star Wars stuff when four packages all arrive on the same day.

Same thing here.  It was beyond ridiculous as well as wasteful.  I had 4 Black Series figures ship out yesterday in 4 separate packages.  Now while I got in on Hasbro Pulse early to get the free shipping perk, it's still wasteful as shipping expenses for Hasbro goes and I want Hasbro Pulse to continue to be a reliable outlet for collectors as we're in a major transitionary point in retail.  For me 3 of the 4 arrived today and in excellent condition with good packing material, and the 4th is due tomorrow.

Part of me is wondering if this is an overreaction to how critical a lot of people were about card condition when some of the more recent TVC figures shipped and the cards weren't exactly in good condition.  If it is, that's a bizarre decision to make, because the Black Series packaging is pretty durable and easy to get multiple units in a fairly small box.  The Vintage Collection?  Well, the cardstock on this current incarnation is thinner and more prone to warping and bending, and packing more than one figure in a box increases the chances of you not getting a figure in packaging that's close to mint.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:53 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Sure enough.  I was at work yesterday and my wife sent me a WTF text with the following image.  Six 6" figures each in their own box.  ::)

I just hope FedEx doesn't run HasbroPulse out of business with their shipping costs.  Pulse is the easiest (and one of the few) places where you can actually get toys.