Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2019  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
San Diego Comic-Con 2019
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:47 AM »
SDCC 2019 preview night is tomorrow!  Aside from the Sith Trooper from TROS that seems to have leaked out, does anyone have predictions about what we might see in the next few days for The Vintage Collection?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:47 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:05 AM »
I hope we see some more TVC Jabba related figures. I'd pay serious money for a resculpted accurately-scaled Max Rebo trio...with an original-look Sy Snoodles (dreaming, I know).

**** it...just more TVC in general. I wish we had more Rogue One and Solo TVC figures. The Death Star gunner didn't really scratch the itch for more RO goodness.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Probably TROS related ala Rey, Finn, Poe and Scarface Kylo.  Things seen in the trailer... and the same for 6" too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 11:22 AM »
does anyone have predictions about what we might see in the next few days for The Vintage Collection?

I'm guessing we're far more likely to get a look at the "old movie" sourced TVC figures Jayson has already found in the Walmart computers (Ceremony Luke, Ceremony Leia, Jawa) or maybe something new from The Mandalorian TV series or Jedi: Fallen Order video game versus seeing anything from Episode 9 (beyond the Sith Trooper that's already been leaked). 

They didn't really show much from Ep7 or Ep8 ahead of time so I'm guessing the Ep9 stuff will follow suit and won't be seen until it leaks in the weeks leading up to Triple Force Friday.

I'm mainly interested to see if they will finally address the Galaxy of Adventures 5" line rumors.  I hope they are willing to finally go on record about what the deal is with all the 5" product listings in the retail computer systems.  Is this rumored 5" line  designed to replace the 3.75" 5POA stuff or is it a fourth line of stuff they are running this Fall (3.75" 5POA, 3.75" TVC, 5" GOA, 6" BS).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:26 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 11:27 AM »
**** it...just more TVC in general. I wish we had more Rogue One and Solo TVC figures. The Death Star gunner didn't really scratch the itch for more RO goodness.

+1 here.  Especially on Rogue One and Solo.  Those movies have gotten some representation, but not nearly enough in my book.  Each movie only has about half a dozen characters in the TVC line so far.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:51 AM »
Each movie only has about half a dozen characters in the TVC line so far.

That's unfortunately the sad story for all these new movies.  Even if we count all the Walmart Black Series 3.75" SA that haven't been TVC re-carded yet (Finn, Leia, Starkiller Han, Rose, Executioner),  we're at:

TFA - 9 figures
RO - 8 figures
TLJ - 6 figures
SOLO - 5 figures

I'd be thrilled to get SA versions of TFA Smuggler Han and General Leia; SA versions of the rest of the Rogue One crew (Baze, Chuirrut, Bodhi, K2SO); SA versions of Qi'ra, Dryden, Beckett, Rio, Val.  And that's just scratching the surface main characters that still need SA figures. :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:35 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 12:09 PM »
I'd be thrilled to get SA versions of TFA Smuggler Han and General Leia; SA versions of the rest of the Rogue One crew (Baze, Chuirrut, Bodhi, K2SO); SA versions of Qi'ra, Dryden, Beckett, Rio, Val.  And that's just scratching the surface main characters that still need SA figures. :(

That deafening noise you'd hear would the sound of my toygasm reverberating across the planet.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 12:13 PM »
I'm kind of shocked that we didn't get a TVC Kylo Ren or Rey from the throne room duel in TLJ.  Those seemed like such obvious choices.  But maybe Hasbro is trying to avoid the perception issues associated with their previous double-dipping on characters with varying levels of detail and/or articulation?

As for the other movies in the Disney era?  There seem to be a fair number of troopers represented in the line.  And that's kind of in line with what collectors had called for in the past.  But it seems like now it maybe happening at the expense of core characters.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 12:34 PM »
I'd love to see a TLJ Duel Rey and Kylo.  I need a Kylo to face off against Crait Luke!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 11:29 PM »
Photos from Preview Night coming out now...nothing new of course but some good close up shots of the Skiff.  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 01:13 AM »
I hope we see some more TVC Jabba related figures. I'd pay serious money for a resculpted accurately-scaled Max Rebo trio...with an original-look Sy Snoodles (dreaming, I know).

I hope they move onto something else like the cantina and do a modular playset, a bunch of new aliens, a few nice resculpts... then next year do Hoth or Endor or whatever and just keep doing OT themes like that for awhile.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 02:09 AM »
I hope there’s some cool TVC-ish surprises and stuff. 

I am already grateful to Darth_Anton for once again doing some coverage for us on his dime while he’s at the show.  I work late thursdays anymore so I’m going to miss some of the first day till I’m home, and I have a mountain of problems building up so this year isn’t very convenient for me, but I hope we can have some nice pics and coverage of the show like we try to do every year.

I’m sure Hasbro will have some cool stuff to show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Um so yeah. How is this 5" line not the same as what I can go to Disney Store and get (at least aesthetic wise)?

And that was a boring presentation
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:57 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 06:25 PM »
If you dig helmets and animated-stylized figures though it was ok.

I get it sort of, as I'm sure a lot of TVC is dedicated to new media so it's whatever to me, but yeah not much I was into there. 

And a Q&A and not one person asked if those Luke figures will be individually carded because hey, we need to get that definitive no on Cleigg Lars for the billionth time.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 06:26 PM »
Woof. I mean I get that a lot is held back for Rise of Skywalker, Mandalorian, and the whole triple force Friday thing, but yeah that has to be one of the biggest snoozers they have had. Fett helmet looks cool, and the Black Series Dagobah Luke shows promise....but they couldn't have had some non new media reveals? A couple OT figures, or PT figures, or something from the previous Disney era movies? Seems like they could have planned out to have something to show.

I'm sure there will be a lot of hate for the 5" line, but I kind of get it. Although it isn't exactly the same thing, those $10, 6" Marvel figures seem to sell like gangbusters to the kiddos/parents. Not to be doom and gloom, but I wonder what that means for the 3 3/4" basic line? Seems like a lot of different lines to have out at once otherwise.