Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 131255 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Libertard? What the ****?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2007, 09:31 PM »
"Libertad"... apparently spanish for "freedom."
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Picked up Gilby Clarke's Greatest Hits album a couple days ago... Pretty solid effort. Hoping Duff's second album eventually gets released. It'll be a shorter wait than Chinese Democracy, that's for sure.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2007, 08:00 PM »
There's a pretty significant leak in the roof of The Revolvers' (Is that what we're calling them?  The Revolvers?) HQ today. . .   :-X

Oh yeah, and I meant to respond to this:

Gilby Clarke's Greatest Hits

With one of these:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 3, 2007, 04:09 PM »
So VR's Libertad comes out today... Who's buying? I already picked up my copy at Target, but have yet to listen to it, or import it to my iTunes library.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #425 on: July 3, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I'll probably pick it up eventually. I am still too busy listening to the chinese democracy demo leaks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #426 on: July 8, 2007, 05:32 PM »
Any reviews of the new VR CD?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #427 on: July 9, 2007, 02:15 AM »
Any reviews of the new VR CD?

Here's a review:

It's nothing mind-blowing, but if you liked the last Revolvers album (is that what we're calling them?  The Revolvers?), you'll probably like this one.  Just a good, decent, straight-forward rock-n-roll album.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2007, 11:44 AM »
I'll probably pick it up eventually. I am still too busy listening to the chinese democracy demo leaks.

You still got a working link to download these songs, EVENFLOW??

The latest additions to GNR's page on Wiki:

• In April 2007, ex-lead guitarist Slash said, on the Brazilian format of MTV, that he was open to a reunion of the "old" Guns N' Roses: "And I'm not saying never. I would say it would be a good idea to get, just for a couple of shows, to get the original STP (Stone Temple Pilots) and the original Guns N' Roses just to do a couple of shows for the fun of it".

In July 2007, it was revealed that Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Slash would reunite for a one-off performance in Los Angeles to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction. Adler's band Adler's Appetite and the Tracii Guns band LA Guns will also play the July 28th Key Club show. That same month, Rolling Stone Magazine featured the 1987 lineup of the band on its cover to mark the occasion.

In an interview regarding Axl Rose's absence from the one-off reunion, Steven Adler remained optimistic of a full reunion by stating: "Axl and I spoke to each other in Las Vegas recently, and I know there's a chance. It's just too big. Whatever the Stones make when they play, we'd triple it. It'd be ridiculous not to do it. He can't be that goofy."

Seems like the best chance for the original lineup to reunite in a looooooong time.  Lots of reports on the net as well about tomorrow.  Anybody near the the Key Club??

The July 2007 cover of Rolling Stone magazine:

And in celebration of AFD in 2007, here is a link to a guy who has the entire GNR concert at the Ritz in '88 on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=gnrslashgnr&p=r

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:42 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #429 on: July 27, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I heard about that show as well and wish it was confirmed that they would all be there becuase i would already be on a plane.

As for a link to the leaks, no not anymore. Sorry.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2007, 04:05 PM »
AXL ROSE TO APPEAR ON SEBASTIAN BACH'S NEW ALBUM, 'ANGEL DOWN'

Aug. 20, 2007

By Axl Rose

Bas asked me to sing on his new record, "Angel Down," and I agreed and came down to his studio where he played me the tracks. I really liked the title/opening track, "Angel Down," but I didn't feel that it would be right to be on that one, although, of course, it would've been cool because it's a great rip-your-head-off track!!

Since this session was rather a more fun atmosphere, the tracks I sang on kind of showed themselves and were also done out of curiosity on the part of Bas, myself, and his producer, Roy Z, just to see if my involvement brought something that worked for the tracks.

Bas really wanted me on "Bitchslap," and I got to try my own ideas on it. We're not saying much about the second track, as it may be taken a bit further, and when Bas played the third track, "Stuck Inside," he suggested a kind of call-and-answer part. They allowed me the freedom to write my own words and melodies, and although it's only a couple of lines, it really felt great. The song has such a mean riff, and Bas' guys were so supportive in so many ways on tour and fun to hang with, that it was great to be a part of something of theirs and I think it really came out strong.

For me, the three songs together are a good package. They are all different, with different approaches and styles from each other and from material I have on the upcoming Guns N’ Roses record. For me, the timing couldn’t be better and I’m quite surprised to be on one song, let alone three!!!

Bas really knew where he saw my involvement on his album and had different options in mind. He knew what seemed obvious, what would be fun, what would work for his album and what he felt I would like. I really liked the energy of the tracks and since I'm rarely asked to do anything I'd actually enjoy or be glad to be a part of, I'm more than grateful for the opportunity and hope the fans get a kick out of it as well.

Call me crazy, but maybe you could work on getting your own album out, ******bag.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2007, 06:24 PM »
I think the part that annoys me most is the part where he says there are four versions of chinese democracy.  ::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Que?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2007, 06:35 PM »
Sorry i wasnt paying attention to the article, i thought it was this one from blabbermouth:

Q: I understand that you recently did some work in the studio with Axl Rose on one of your new songs [Note: Before the interview being conducted, BLABBERMOUTH.NET was informed that Axl had only recorded a guest appearance on "(Love Is) A Bitchslap"]. Is that still being worked on right now or are you already done with all the recordings?

Sebastian: It's already done, dude. It's in the can.

Q: Wasn't the single already submitted to radio a couple of weeks ago?

Sebastian: That's an early version. I wasn't finished [with] the record, but the roughs that I did [are] really amazing. [Laughs]

The CD that I made that got me the record with Jason Flom [former A&R rep at Atlantic Records, now Chairman and CEO of Capitol Music Group] and Jack Ponti [CEO of Merovingian Music, Ltd. (MRV)] is a really good CD, but it wasn't finished. The one song, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap", premiered in the "Trailer Park Boys" in Canada, but then they did put it out to radio, but it wasn't completed. That's one version of the song that's at radio now that still kicks ass, but we've worked on it even harder.

Basically, the collaboration with me and Axl started when he asked me last December to sing on… I was at his house and he was playing me the new "Chinese Democracy" album — actually, there's more than one; there's, like, four — but he was playing a song called "Sorry", which is a very heavy, grinding kind of riff and we were partying and stuff and I started singing a high harmony on the chorus of this song and he flipped out, and he goes, "That sounds great." He goes, "I want you to sing that on the record." So in January, I went to Electric Lady [studios in New York City], and I sang the chorus of this song "Sorry", and it came out really, really amazing. So now that I'm finishing my record, just for the fun of it, when I got to L.A., I just texted Axl, I go, "Hey, dude, when are you gonna come and sing on my record?" I was just joking. [Laughs] I didn't think he would do that. But he never ceases to amaze me. And his response was, "When? Where? What time? Where is the studio? What time do you want me there?" I was, like, "You've gotta be ******* kidding me." I go, "Pinch me, I'm dreaming." So he came down on Tuesday night, I think, or Wednesday, and he sang… He sings two songs on the record. I don't wanna say which songs, really — I don't know if I should or not — but he sings two songs.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2007, 08:38 AM »
The last album(s) of original Guns N' Roses material was released sixteen years ago today.