Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130425 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #525 on: August 25, 2008, 03:47 PM »
You don't want one, trust me.  Effing Mormons will talk your ears off.

Which reminds me, would any of you be interested in a beautiful message about how families can be together forever?

No?

Um, how about learning about the time that Jesus Christ personally visited the inhabitants of the American continent?

No?  Tough crowd.

How about if I told you that God has called a prophet to speak to us in our day, just as he did to the people in the Bible?

Huh.  I've obviously lost my touch....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #526 on: August 25, 2008, 03:56 PM »
you know, Ryan, what i'm REALLY looking for is the assistance of kind, helpful people who will help me track my lineage through some sort of genealogy service, all free of charge and in the comfort of my own home. do you happen to know of any group who routinely participates in such activities?

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #527 on: August 25, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Not that I'm personally aware of, but I'm sure there's probably some cult websites set up especially for the Mormons, so they have people to talk to.  I don't think any of these Star Wars nerd boards have anything like that, though.

yes, i doubt that as well. that would be about the worst.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #528 on: August 25, 2008, 04:05 PM »
yes, i doubt that as well. that would be about the worst.

Worse than Watto's?  Heh.  I doubt such a thing is even remotely possible.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:05 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #529 on: August 25, 2008, 04:10 PM »
well, i'm just speaking hypothetically, of course.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 25, 2008, 05:31 PM »
you know, Ryan, what i'm REALLY looking for is the assistance of kind, helpful people who will help me track my lineage through some sort of genealogy service, all free of charge and in the comfort of my own home. do you happen to know of any group who routinely participates in such activities?

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #531 on: August 26, 2008, 08:06 PM »
nah, i was thinking of something more along the lines of an in-home visit, perhaps by a pair of well-groomed young gentlemen from a far away place who fancy travel by bicycle. any ideas?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 26, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Oh, dude.

You're so ******.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 28, 2008, 02:58 AM »
Skwerl, the guy who leaked the nine songs in June, was arrested today.  Supposedly, the authorities raided his home at 7Am and dragged him out of the house.  The judge was surprised at his treatment since he had only issued a summons to 27-year-old Kevin Cogill.

Official statement by GNR: "Guns N' Roses representatives have been made aware of the arrests and are leaving the matter to the authorities," said band spokesman Larry Solters

According to multiple news reports, a blogger suspected of posting songs on the Internet from the forthcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy was arrested Wednesday and appeared in court, where his bail was set at $10,000. FBI agents arrested 27-year-old Kevin Cogill on suspicion of violating federal copyright laws by posting nine unreleased Guns N' Roses songs in June. According to an arrest affidavit, Cogill admitted to FBI agents that he leaked the songs.

BLOGGER ARRESTED FOR LEAKING 9 GN'R SONGS

A lot of fans in the GNR websites are ripping GNR for going to this extreme over Skwerl.  However, some have pointed out that GNR may not be involved at all, instead the infamous RIAA is behind the prosecution.  Maybe the prosecution will have to come up with some concrete evidence that the album really is "forthcoming".  That might be the ONLY way we will ever know the truth.  ::)

MSL, the person who admittely leaked "Shacker's Revenge", is preparing for the same treatment.

Gonna get the President
Gonna get The FBI
Gonna get a Private I
Gonna get the IRS...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:01 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20 AM »
This is so ridiculous.  Federal law enforcement has been reduced to the personal SS of corporate media.

C'mon, Axl...get out of your moonship and denounce this ****.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #535 on: August 28, 2008, 12:00 PM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2008, 05:23 PM »
IGN reviews "Shackler's Revenge"

Forget the GNR you remember from when you were in high school. "Shackler's Revenge" is a brooding, industrial riff with a catchy chorus and only a hint of Axl's classic high-pitched vocals that gets buried at times under heavy distortion. Once you get past the first 30 seconds, "Shackler's Revenge" picks up quite a bit, with one good hook that will keep it bouncing around in your head for at least a couple of weeks.

Everyone wants to know if the new GNR song is any good. I would say that it's an acquired taste, and that the opening half-minute feels a tad self-indulgent. But the song gets better from that point. The more I listen (and play) "Shackler's Revenge" the more it grows on me. Plenty will be turned off by the fact that this doesn't sound at all like classic GNR, but if you want a classic, just go buy Appetite for Destruction. This is the new Guns N' Roses, deal with it or get off the planet.

"Shackler's Revenge" is the second original song "Guns N' Roses" has officially released since the Illusion albums came out in 1991.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 05:26 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 17, 2008, 05:00 PM »
IGN reviews "Shackler's Revenge"

Forget the GNR you remember from when you were in high school. "Shackler's Revenge" is a brooding, industrial riff with a catchy chorus and only a hint of Axl's classic high-pitched vocals that gets buried at times under heavy distortion. Once you get past the first 30 seconds, "Shackler's Revenge" picks up quite a bit, with one good hook that will keep it bouncing around in your head for at least a couple of weeks.

Everyone wants to know if the new GNR song is any good. I would say that it's an acquired taste, and that the opening half-minute feels a tad self-indulgent. But the song gets better from that point. The more I listen (and play) "Shackler's Revenge" the more it grows on me. Plenty will be turned off by the fact that this doesn't sound at all like classic GNR, but if you want a classic, just go buy Appetite for Destruction. This is the new Guns N' Roses, deal with it or get off the planet.

"Shackler's Revenge" is the second original song "Guns N' Roses" has officially released since the Illusion albums came out in 1991.

There is another review by IGN that was positive.  But this guy criticizes the song as sounding 10 years old, yet would be a success on today's rock radio.  All the while he complains that it doesn't sound like the original GNR, which is over 20 years old. 

He would make a good politician.

From the YouTube videos I've seen, the song lokos to have a great bass line and a challenging guitar part.  Elephant-noise and all.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #538 on: September 26, 2008, 10:17 PM »
From the local rag...

Best Buy vying for GNR's "Democracy"

Richfield-based retailer Best Buy may have landed exclusive retail rights on the biggest -- or at least the biggest-budgeted -- rock album of the year: Guns N' Roses' perennially delayed, decade-in-the-making "Chinese Democracy."

Billboard magazine reports that Best Buy is finalizing a deal to have the record in its stores by the end of 2008. The deal would be a sharp counter-punch to its competitor Wal-Mart, which has the exclusive retail rights on AC/DC's "Black Ice" (out Oct. 20) and was the lone seller of last year's Eagles reunion album, "Long Road Out of Eden." The Eagles' savvy manager, Irving Azoff, is GNR's new ringleader.

"Chinese Democracy" is already one of the most talked-about albums of all time. Front man Axl Rose began working on it in the mid-'90s and has gone through several lineup changes, numerous release dates and millions of dollars trying to finish it.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2008, 07:29 PM »
It's finally gonna happen this year!  We really mean it this time!  And we promise that it's gonna sound just as fresh and be just as cutting edge today, as it was when it was originally recorded twelve years ago!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:32 PM by Matt »