Author Topic: Reunions or Concerts that will never happen  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Reunions or Concerts that will never happen
« on: August 27, 2003, 07:55 PM »
Im not talking about circumstances such as death that keep a band apart.  But what groups out there will never get back together or tour again?  One band is Pink Floyd.  I came to grips last year that they are no more, whether with Waters coming back or without him.  Pink Floyd was by far the greatest concert experience of my life.  I saw them once in 1987 and three times in '94.   Who else is finished?  I also believe Zep will never tour again.  
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 08:18 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Reunions or Concerts that will never happen
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 08:08 PM »
let everyone thank the luckiest star that jane's addiction is back together so they can put on some rockn @$$ shows!!!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 08:10 PM »
Probably Guns N' Roses too, like we were just discussing in Scott's thread.

Hopefully the Spice Girls work things out with Ginger, and reunite as well!   :P

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 08:39 PM »
The Police. Sting doesn't need 'em, though Copeland and Summers are willing. Too many chefs for Sting's kitchen, even though it's Stewart's band.  ::)
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 09:17 PM »
I keep hearing Page and Plant are going to tour again, who knows on that one

I would love to see a Soundgarden reunion...I never saw them live and I think they broke up right when it was getting good.  The sad thing was they were together so long before they made it big that they sorta got sick of each other.  That would also mean Matt Cameron leaving Pearl Jam and we can't have that

My heart wishes these guys were all still around :'(

Nirvana
Blind Melon
Alice in Chains

Gn'R...not sure, I am still keeping an open mind on the new guys.  I still have faith in Axl who has written some of the greatest rock songs ever.  And that is even without Izzy, if they would ever reunite that would be magic.  I will stick to my guns that Slash is replaceable, but not Duff :-*

And this whole thing really begs the question...if John and George were still alive do you think the boys would have ever gotten back together?  Or was John too far gone.  I think they would have, $$$ means everything.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 10:30 PM »
I think Floyd will tour again.  It's just a matter of time and greed.  Not that I have anything malicious to say about Floyd, I love them and would see them again in a heartbeat, but the amount of cash they can make is just too great.  

BTW, Zeppelin would technically fit into your "dead" category, unless you know something about Bonham that we don't ;)  We had tickets to see them in Minneapolis but he choked just before the tour began :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 11:10 PM »
Im not talking about circumstances such as death that keep a band apart.  But what groups out there will never get back together or tour again?  One band is Pink Floyd.  I came to grips last year that they are no more, whether with Waters coming back or without him.  Pink Floyd was by far the greatest concert experience of my life.  I saw them once in 1987 and three times in '94.   Who else is finished?  I also believe Zep will never tour again.  

Actually, Pink Floyd MAY actually happen.  With the downturn in the economy, some rockstars lost a lot of money in the dotcom's.  So, you may actually see something like a Pink Floyd reunion (minus Syd Barret) because of financial considerations.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 11:16 PM »
As for some reunions that won't happen?

-Soundgarden
-The Police
-Primus (original lineup)
-Faith No More
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2003, 11:44 PM »
Led Zeppelin :(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 12:14 AM »
Page and Plant toured together a few years ago, but didn't use the Zeppelin moniker. The set included a lot of Zep tunes, but they didn't sound that great, IMO.

I'd like to see a Floyd reunion, with or without Waters.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2003, 07:31 AM »
3 Points here:

Primus will tour again.  They have reunited to record a new album.  Tour will follow.

Pink Floyd is all done. As far as money is concerned, they are loaded. David Gilmour within the last year donated millions (one of his castles, money and tons of his equipment for charity) .  His response:  I cant take it with me and I have more than enough money.  Another reason they will not tour is that they have been averaging a new album like every 8-10 years.  Plus there tours are very demanding and last like 3-4 years each.  

As for Zep, I understand without Bonham that the circle is not complete.  But a drummer, even as good as Bonham, can be replaced.  Jason was rumored at one point.  I saw the Page and Plant tour, and while entertaining they have lost all of there mojo.  I am more interested in them touring under the Led Zep name and with Jonesy on bass.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2003, 09:53 AM »
Here's a flash back for ya!

Members of the Swedish '70s band ABBA say they won't get back together -- not even for $1 billion.

An American-British consortium offered them that amount to reunite for 100 concerts, but they refused. "It is a hell of a lot of money to say no to, but we decided it wasn't for us," Benny Andersson tells the Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet.

:(

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2003, 01:43 PM »
Hear is one band I HOPE never tours again.

New Kids on the Block

Got Clones?

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2003, 02:52 PM »
Rage Against The Machine

I saw Audioslave in concert, so its close, but I never got to see Rage.  I had tickets for the RATM and Beastie Boys concert, but then Mike D broke his shoulder and the tour was canceled, then  Zack left Rage.  

I'm still hoping for a reunion tour
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2003, 02:53 PM »
I almost forgot the obvious, and I am sure many will disagree.  The original Van Halen.  I saw them back in the day with DLR and I wouldnt have it any other way.  Sammy, Gary Cherone were amateurs in this band.  Both singers are talented doing there own thing, but early VH was very distinctive. Between Dave's ego and Eddie's intolerance toward him, look out for worlds to collide if they ever did tour again.  The tour would last 1 month tops ;)