Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 161646 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2005, 09:56 AM »
We've got bigger issues than the cost of manufacturing.  We've got pollution issues, we've got terrorism issues, we've got 'the-world-is-running-out-of-oil' issues, and so on.

Extrapolate that yearly savings over the life of the car and it works out better in just about every way imagineable.
Oh I realize that...I was just explaining why Ford and Chevy have been reluctant to do so

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Well so much for that! We broke the record today at $102.9.  >:(

I was lucky to find a couple of stations still at 97.9 so I filled her up to the nuts plus I had my coupon for an extra 7 cents of per liter. 

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2005, 08:03 PM »
Enough of us here remember the last time gas was this crazy.  Around 1981 I believe.  So who had there gas stolen right out of there auto back then.  I can remember our family car got siphoned a few gallons that year. I havent seen any reporting on the news as of yet, but if it hasnt already started, Im sure it will soon.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2005, 08:18 PM »
I havent seen any reporting on the news as of yet, but if it hasnt already started, Im sure it will soon.

The local news here has had a few stories of siphoning, mostly involving places with "fleet vehicles" and low security - a place where they can get more bang for the buck.

Gas drive-offs aren't the only form of theft rising with fuel prices
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Today I saw a couple of dudes actually standing beside a gas station, holding signs protesting the high cost of gas. I wanted to stop and yell, “hey, this peaceful demonstration crap won’t get you anywhere, better to march down to city hall and burn some briefcases!” benevolent schmucks…
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2005, 01:42 PM »
I asked my dad how much gas was yesterday since I have sold my van and now am home bound and he said it was $2.48 just at the gas station up the road.  I didn't ask how much it was in the city or near the interstates.  I realize that it would be quite a bit higher near interstates.  I am moving in September (after labor day week) and I am hoping that gas prices will go down because I would hate to have to put that much money into the moving truck I'm renting. :(

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2005, 02:15 PM »
This morning I paid 2.86/gallon to fill my little Beetle.  It was almost 40 bucks when I was done.

I fear that soon I'll be crossing the 40 dollar mark, and at that point, gas will have more than doubled in the 5 years I've owned it.  I remember when approaching 20 dollars used to seem high.
Got Clones?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2005, 02:19 PM »
I'm seriously getting sick of this fuel deal.

My local gas station had cheap prices, so to combat over crowding (get this), they closed 2 pumps, and only had 2 pumps running. Plus it's new policy that you have to pull up to the store and get out and pay. Soon they'll only have 1 pump open, and all hell will break loose.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Soon they'll only have 1 pump open, and all hell will break loose.

Where the heck do you live?  Is there only one gas station?  Or is that just the only one with cheap gas?
Got Clones?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Ravena, New York. 3 gas stations. And it was the only one with "cheap" gas. 2.59 vs 2.67 and 2.69.

Kevin

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Ravena, New York. 3 gas stations.

Well I guess that does make sense then.  I pass 7 gas stations just on my commute, and that's just a fraction of what's around if I deviate from that golden path.

I can't imagine the prices that we'd have if there were only 3.  Some places in Seattle already soar north of 3 dollars for Premium....so I know it's only a matter of time before I'm paying that much.
Got Clones?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2005, 07:53 PM »
With my commute, I am now almost hitting $60 a week. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I'm above $60/week - it's just not worth it anymore.

I need to find something new - even if it pays less, I'll be home more and I'll be saving $250+ a month in gas....

:-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2005, 06:02 PM »
How much you want to bet that Bycicle sales go up within the next two months?

Kevin

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2005, 06:02 PM »
We're up to $2.59 now -- a $.20 increase in 4 days.  I'm so glad I don't have to commute anymore and only have to run a few local errands.  My husband drives about 60 miles r/t to work on a full sized pickup :-[
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(