Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 161973 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #240 on: September 1, 2005, 10:10 PM »
BTW, while these are gas prices we keep talking about, we should probably keep in mind this is oil.

What else is made from oil?  Plastic.  Think we'll see a price increase there too?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #241 on: September 1, 2005, 10:11 PM »
What else is made from oil?  Plastic.  Think we'll see a price increase there too?

Shut up, Brent!  We don't want to be giving Hasbro and/or our favorite retailers any stupid ideas...  :-X

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 1, 2005, 10:28 PM »
I buy my milk and OJ in paper cartons now.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 1, 2005, 10:45 PM »
I have seen for the past couple days on the news that Atlanta (and other places) have run out of gas.  And HOLY CRAP they are charging enough for it.  Like $5.27 for Regular.  That is what I call price gouging when I believe it is $2.99 here in Dalton.    My parents are leaving for Panama City Beach tomorrow morning and hopefully they won't run out of gas.  I told them not to let it get down below 1/4 of a tank before they start looking for a place to stop.    Also, on the 13th I'll be renting a Budget truck and driving to Maine so I am rather curious how much gas will be for a 16' truck, probably an arm and a leg.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 2, 2005, 05:13 AM »
2.90 this early morning as I put 20 bucks of liquid gold in my car. Made it just a hair above half a full tank with that.  :(
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 2, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Well, airlines are raising prices, to no one's surprise. 

I had an itinerary saved with NWA for Fort Lauderdale.  It went from $520 to $636 while I wasn't looking.  Suffice to say I paid for the flight just now before it goes any higher. 

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 2, 2005, 06:46 PM »
I used to fill up for $20, about a year ago. :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 2, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Well, airlines are raising prices, to no one's surprise. 

I just booked my ticket too and noticed that within the last 24 hours it went up $30.00 (it's only one way or else it would have been $60.00)

Gas prices around here are $2.99-$3.19.  I assume they'll stay at this price until after the Labor Day weekend.
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 2, 2005, 07:47 PM »
Being the long weekend, anything can happen. Some stations have gas at 113.4 but most are still at 114.9 then theres the 115.0-118.4.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 2, 2005, 09:04 PM »
We don't want to be giving Hasbro and/or our favorite retailers any stupid ideas... :-X

As if Hasbro needs any more stupid ideas, Matt.  :P

The oil debacle right now is probably going to see an increase in the cost of EVERYTHING across the board for the next few months, if not years.  Gasoline itself is going to be driving up the cost of items because they pretty much have to be driven into the retailers' distribution centers on trucks, they are then sent to the stores on trucks, and so forth. 

So, Hasbro will charge more for an action figure because of the increase in oil prices to the retailers, retailers will charge more for the action figure because of the higher cost of actually getting the toys from Hasbro, and for getting the toys to their stores, we're paying higher prices for gas to get to the stores to buy the action figures at a higher price, and everyone's bosses will still not want to give even a slight raise to their employees even though the cost of living will have gone up.

Does it suck?  Yeah, but it could be worse.   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 2, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Very true DP, I've even heard about some school districts raising the price of lunch in the cafeterias to offset the increase in gas prices for their school buses.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 3, 2005, 12:36 AM »
I was very fortunate on the way home today.  I can opt for two different highways, one is only a couple of miles longer than the other.  I chose the longer route because there's a gas station at the corner that sometimes holds their prices longer than others do.

Boy, was I right.  $1.059, a full 14 cents a liter ($0.56/gallon) less than everywhere else :o  That was sweet.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #252 on: September 3, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Gas dropped here 20-30 cents this afternoon from 2.99-3.09 to 2.79

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 3, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Gas dropped here 20-30 cents this afternoon from 2.99-3.09 to 2.79

Uh, fill up at the border before you get here.  Better still if you fill in Grand Forks.  That should get you back around down there. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #254 on: September 3, 2005, 12:45 AM »
My buddy drives a Dodge Ram, I asked him if we're taking that up...he said no :P :-X