Author Topic: Last Time You Threw Up  (Read 28054 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Last Time You Threw Up
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:05 AM »
Sick or Drinking or just grossed out, when was the last time you woofed your cookies?

For me it was about a year ago on a fishing trip.  Since it was raining pretty heavily me and my buddy decided to play cribbage instead in the comfort of the cabin.  To make it interesting the winner had to take a pull of Sour Apple Pucker and the loser had to take a shot of some nasty whiskey.  Lose/lose my friends.  The next morning after far too many games of cribbage saw me tossing chunks all over the place.  Not good

The last time I was sick and did so was in 1999 right before Y2K.  I was in Arizona for my job, I woke up in the middle of the night, walked in the bathroom and bowed to the porcelain god.  I had a pounding headache at the time as well, not sure if it was a touch of heat sickness, food poisoning or what but it was bad.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Time You Threw Up
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 09:36 AM »
??? I honestly don't remember. Probably twenty years.

:-X I recall that semi-nauseous feeling, like my body couldn't decide if it was hungry or needed to purge. So I went for a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, opened the lid, took a whiff, and as soon as I plopped the contents into the bowl, I headed directly to the bathroom. It was just the inspiration my gut needed.

;D And then I had soup and my tummy felt aaall better.  
Post sober.

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 09:38 AM »
A few months ago I thought I was getting a good deal when I showed up to the local Japanese restaurant at 9:30pm and all the sushi was $1 per 2 pieces. I wolfed down a whole school, but I was paying for it all night.....
Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 11:14 AM »
Last week, I had a Quizno Sub and in a hour I didn't have it anymore.

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 11:55 AM »
I honestly don't remember...  That's a good thing,  because I really don't look forward to that experience. :P

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 12:12 PM »
Great lunch time topic as I sit here with a bag full of Taco Bell.
 I guess it was earlier this year when the doctor had me so full of morphine I was sick to my stomache, well the car ride home from the hospital didn't sit to well and we had to make a few pit stops ;) Not a feeling I relish
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 12:15 PM »
Last summer, a coworker and I wanted to see who could outdrink who. Only problem was we went with shooters and had at least 1 of every shooter the bartender knew how to mix. Neither of us won, but we were both wasted when the bar closed  ;D

I started power spewing as soon as I got in the house though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 12:17 PM »
No one has a Seinfeld type streak they are proud of???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 12:33 PM »
Well the last time I worshiped the old porcelain bowl was around 3 yrs ago during the summer. I was drinking over at a friends place sitting around the back yard fire pit having a great time. I was in no condition to drive home so I crashed at her house for the night. The next morning, I went outside for a smoke & she said "do you realize how much you drank last night? I lined up all the beer bottles around the fire pit for you". Then she laughs.

I went over to the pit & my jaw dropped. Almost 3 cases of beer down my gullet. Then the freash air hit me!

When I felt better, I drove home & slept all bloody weekend!

"Hey, it's VomitMan!"   ;D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 12:34 PM »
I drank heavily in college and never got sick from it.  The first time in my life that I got sick from drinking was last year.  We went out with a few friends, had a few drinks, yadda, yadda, yadda, we left.  My wife was driving home and I passed out.  I wake up sick to my stomach and tell her to pull over.  So there I am, 2:30 in the morning, yakking my brains out on I-95.  Lovely experience.

The last time I yakked was last Labor Day.  A bunch of go camping - if you want to call it that.  We park at a campground for the weekend and basically eat, drink and do nothing - and one night I passed out in my chair.  Wake up later sick to my stomach and go yak behind a friend's camper.  

So twice in a year, I got sick from drinking.  Age must be catching up.  I can't handle it like I used to.

And the best thing about yakking after drinking - you always feel better and are ready to drink some more  ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2003, 01:31 PM »
Tomorrow.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2003, 01:41 PM »
November 1st 2002. That would be the morning after two Halloween parties that were just WAY out of control. It was only the third time in my life.

The first one had an open bar, and I thought the drinks were rather weak...so I had about 9 of them over the course of the eve. I think the last 4 were stronger though....and I got REALLY faced. Luckily, I had planned for this and had a DD take my friends and I to the next party.

All the way across the bridge from Seattle to Bellevue, I was taking digital pictures of the traffic around us, and the passengers in the car....and it was the funniest thing in the world to me.  I remember that much. In fact, as many pictures as were snapped of me last year, I don't think there is ONE sober Jedi pic in the bunch.

Then I went to a house party, and my good friend had saved me an entire tray of Jello Shots, because I just love those little suckers.  Being as toasty as I was, I did not hesitate to eat 6 or 7 of them (at least) like they were candy...and pretty soon I was fall down drunk. Literally.

The rest of that night I've put together from random bits and pieces I remembered and a lot of stories I heard over the next few days. :-)

I spent a good hour the next morning in the bathroom doing jello shots in reverse.

;D
Got Clones?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2003, 03:40 PM »
...I dont remember... I'm sure I was drinking the last time it happened, though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2003, 04:02 PM »
I'm not entirely sure either, but I think the last time was when I was a sophomore in high school, and I got the flu hard core on the day of one of our basketball games.  I kept trying to go back to school (we had to be in school a half day the day of a game to be eligible to play), and I kept throwing up each time I tried to stay up and around for very long.  Ended up being the only game I missed all through high school, but I wasn't too happy about it :)  So I guess I would say its been about 10 years or so.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2003, 04:31 PM »
QUICK UPDATE: I just read Eddie Van Halen's name all the way at #70 on Rolling Stone's list of 100 best guitarists and ALMOST threw up. I'm at work and chewed it back down. Thanks Rolling Stone!  :P
Post sober.