Author Topic: Can we use HTML here?  (Read 2716 times)

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
Can we use HTML here?
« on: July 13, 2003, 11:40 PM »
I tried on a couple of thread with no success. Any tricks on how to use it here? Although I do like the YABBC tags.
Shawn

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Can we use HTML here?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 11:44 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do with the HTML?  This might be a question that Chris Berry will have to answer.
dustrho

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 12:01 AM »
All HTML is disabled on the forums for the reason that if a member made an error in the HTML code, it could render the whole thread that it was posted in incorrectly because the server would read the HTML as part of the PHP code that generates each page. In short, YaBBC tags are not understood by the server as code to generate a page with, though they are equal to HTML here, they will not change the rest of the page if used incorrectly.

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 08:53 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do with the HTML?  This might be a question that Chris Berry will have to answer.

Before I noticed how many options are available using the supplied tags, I tried to use center, paragraph, font size, and a few others.
Shawn

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 08:54 PM »
All HTML is disabled on the forums for the reason that if a member made an error in the HTML code, it could render the whole thread that it was posted in incorrectly because the server would read the HTML as part of the PHP code that generates each page. In short, YaBBC tags are not understood by the server as code to generate a page with, though they are equal to HTML here, they will not change the rest of the page if used incorrectly.

Thanks for the response Chris.  8)
Shawn