Author Topic: News Free News  (Read 2418 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
News Free News
« on: September 5, 2003, 06:00 PM »
Well, I hate to complain, but I've finally become overwhelmed.

It seems like JD's front page is becoming crowded with news, that isn't really news. Stuff like "amazon.CON" "Nothing - the Reoccuring Story" (and for nitpick sake, there is no such word as reoccuring, it's reccuring, and the plural of product is products), "The Action Figure Hunt", etc. Jango's Jargon is the same really, but since it's a column, I just ignore it. It just seems like lately, a lot of stuff has been posted for the sake of posting, because there isn't any other news.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: News Free News
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2003, 06:09 PM »
There is not much news out there in this slower, non-movie year and we post items of interest on the main page for our readers, and to keep the main page fresh. There is not always a late-breaking story, and in the time between those, we post articles.

If you have any news to contribute to JediDefender, or have heard of something that we do not have posted, please do send the item in.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 5, 2003, 06:10 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Re: News Free News
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2003, 12:52 AM »
Filler news is expected from time to time, but on a constant basis well... obivously not something you want to do as seen here...

There's some news out there to be had even in this slow period, though sometimes digging that much deeper or adding people in the know (or even slightly in know) can help that little bit...

Or just running w/ what you got can work to some just as well... maybe not all though...

Just my opinion on it all... for whoever cares to listen.

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan