Author Topic: Best AOTC Anakin EVER!  (Read 2796 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Best AOTC Anakin EVER!
« on: September 5, 2003, 05:45 AM »
WHOA! I just picked up the Secret Ceremony Anakin and by gawd its the best Anakin figure made. The likeness is pretty close to Hayden and the pose and articulation is top notch. No gimmicks either, no action feature, action pose, or magnets, just a pure well sculpted figure. I was originally going to pass on this one, I thought, why get another Anakin, I already have several POS Anakins, whats another one going to do for me, but when I saw the figure today I was blown away. Why couldn't Hasbro have made this Anakin first???
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Best AOTC Anakin EVER!
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2003, 09:20 AM »
I would have preferred a soft goods cloak but otherwise I agree with you...why it took a year and 4 or 5 figures to get to that point is rediculous

I am thinking of a new strategy for EpIII, buying all of collection 2 and waiting on Collection 1 until 2006 when I know they'll finally figure out they screwed up

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2003, 03:52 PM »
I agree it's the best Anakin figure thus far...  Any film really.

I'm hoping to work on making an "ultimate" Anakin using this as the base, though he could use a bit more articulation and slightly bent forearms for holding a sabre 2-handed.

And I was disappointed that his foot ball/socket joints were so noticeable when the Carkoon Fett's is seamless.  You can really tell 2 different people sculpted these 2 figures which arrived at about the same time I guess.

The headsculpt is great though, and overall the sculpt's great really.  It's the base to an ultimate Anakin figure for sure...  Work on the leg articulation some, and some better forearms/wrist articulation and he's flawless (And soft goods, which I dig too for the Jedi at least).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2003, 03:57 PM »
I agree, once I got my SC Anakin from Kebco, and had it opened up, I think this is the best overall Anakin figure we have.  I'm not crazy about the cloak, and it got tossed in a tupperware with other extra accessories.  I liked the Hangar Duel Anakin as well, but the magnet on mine is really weak, so his arm falls off if the lightest breeze touches it, and that knocks it down some.  Well that, and the wheel on his back :).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2003, 09:53 PM »
The Secret Ceremony version is definitely pretty cool.  I wish they'd done him with interchangable hands, though.  One robotic, one flesh.  But hey, that's me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 6, 2003, 12:23 AM »
The Secret Ceremony version is definitely pretty cool.  I wish they'd done him with interchangable hands, though.  One robotic, one flesh.  But hey, that's me.

Simple solution (but I do agree with you)...

- cut off his right hand
- drill a hole into the wrist going directly into the forearm
- boil and pop the right hand off a SAGA/POTJ Fleet Trooper
- insert the new hand onto the Anakin

This works out perfectly.  Try it!! :)

:P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2003, 11:50 AM »
My Anakin is still carded, but from just looking at this figure I must say that I am most impressed with it.  It's a great figure, probably the best one made yet of the soon-to-be Dark Lord.
dustrho

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 6, 2003, 12:14 PM »
I also found one (well actually 2 - 1 for me and 1 to trade) and he is realy cool. I didn't know he was going to have articulated ankles but the ball socket shoulder is a winner! i always wanted one with a cloak after seeing the movie and hanger duel anakin is cool too! the magnet for mine works well and has never just fallen off.  but his pose was sorta limited. this is one is the best!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2003, 11:06 PM »
My Anakin is still carded, but from just looking at this figure I must say that I am most impressed with it.  It's a great figure, probably the best one made yet of the soon-to-be Dark Lord.

If you open any figures at all, I suggest opening this one.  It's just too cool to keep confined in that box! ;)

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 04:41 PM »

Gotta agree with you on that one Nick.  Granted the figure itself it probably the best Anakin so far, the mix of the "Secret Ceremony" moniker with corresponding robotic hand, but with somewhat of an action/battle pose and lightsaber, it's a rather contradicting specimen.  Interchangeable hands would've certainly helped the matter, and even a slightly more neutral pose as well - but that's just me...

And if this was really "Secret Ceremony" Anakin, Hasbro should've thrown the other half of the decorative Naboo "railing" in there to correspond with the piece included with Padme's Secret Ceremony figure, to complete that scene.  Of course, perhaps it wasn't finished at that point, in which case they should've just delayed it's release to get it "right".

On the store front, I'd never even seen this figure until just about 3-4 weeks ago, when refresh cases from this assortment FINALLY started to trickle out here in L.A.  Of course, now he's hanging en masse pretty much everywhere here!   :-\

Offline Jasim

• Youngling
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 06:09 PM »
I have had my Anakin Secret Ceremony for about 6 months. I also think that it is on of the best action figures produced to date. I wish that the ball and socket joints would have been placed at the knees instead of the ankles. However having the ball and socket joints at the ankles allows Anakin to stand without falling over quite as easily. I must mention that I just got my first Clone Wars Anakin and the articulation on that Anakin is really great as well. It also has ball socket shoulders. The legs are not articulated but that is no big deal to me. The head sculpt leaves something to be desired but that could be remedied with a boil and pop exchange with the Anakin Secret Ceremony.
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.  - (unknown)