Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 2738 times)

Offline dengarhunter19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Hi everybody
« on: September 11, 2003, 08:57 PM »
I'm new to collecting and I have just started visiting different sites.  I usually go to rebelscum, galactichunter, jundlandwastes (my favorite because the staff is so awesome) and here.  I have a question though about this site.  Do you guys rip jundlandwastes off or do they rip you off?  I noticed that thier staff had really cool avatars with their names on them (DarkJediCB is my favorite) and now you guys have the same thing.  Also the general design of both sites is almost the same.  Your link banners also seem very similar to the ones that jundlandwastes uses.  Are both sites run by the same people because that would explain all of the similarities.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 09:22 PM »
Ha-ha!  Chris, I better let you handle this one...   ;)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 09:32 PM »
Indeed Matt.

Hello, thanks for joining JediDefender. While I personally do not frequent JundLandWastes.com, it is quite possible that both sites have names on avatars, in fact, it is quite common around the net. As for design similarities, I am not quite sure I see what you are referring to, our appearance in no way resembles that website. I also am not sure how our link banners are the same, as once again, I don't see a similarity. A few of our banners were created by a JundLand admin as he once worked at this site, but he had no other influence in our design methods, we had a private firm design our site.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 09:38 PM »
Word around town is that Chris Belle (jundland wastes) has sampled MY avatars that I made for Chris, as well as the one I made for myself, in order to mimmick my font that I've used.

In fact, he didn't even have the courtesy to ASK ME what font I used, he just put uploaded it onto jundlands servers and did what he could.

I guess if he hadn't blocked me from his AIM list for whatever reason, it would have been as easy as 'Hey Brad - what font is that you use for avatars?'.... Oh well.

Welcome to the site, I'm the graphics guys, so make no mistakes - I don't sample from jundland... To be perfectly honest, I haven't even been to their site before.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 01:27 AM »
What the hell's Judlandwastes.com?   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 07:34 PM »
Hi Dr. Nick!!!

letsee if anyone gets that one......

sites stealing from other sites? hmmm nahhh that never happens in the SWCC.....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline dengarhunter19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 11:22 AM »
Thanks to all you guys for the warm welcome.   ;D  Hi Dr. Nick?  I watch The Simpsons but I don't understand why that reference is applicable here.  Also,   there seems to be much animosity here for the guys over at jundlandwastes.  I know that some of the staff here visit and post there because that's how I found this site.  I don't get it.  What's the deal?  

I found another site that I go to daily.  www.alltroops.com.  That is the coolest.  They have it so you can track your collection.  Great idea.  How come you guys don't have something like that here?  Maybe you should.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 04:19 PM »
We have no interest in that type of feature (or our readers), nor do we care to copy off of AllTroops.com, that is their deal, and their feature. None of our current staff posts at Jundland Wastes, so it is unclear as to what you are referring. As for the animosity, that is a private matter.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 04:19 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 05:46 PM »
I still dunno what the hell JW.com or Alltroops are even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 09:28 PM »
Hi Dr. Nick?  I watch The Simpsons but I don't understand why that reference is applicable here.  

It's applicable because you titled this thread as  "Hi everybody" just the thing Dr. Nick says before entering a room :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot