Author Topic: Episode III's OTHER big surprise!  (Read 2548 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Episode III's OTHER big surprise!
« on: September 16, 2003, 02:48 PM »
Luke was being protected by the Emperor in the OT.

All this time we thought the Lars Family were just good samaritans. (Well, Aunt Beru was nice...) It turns out that Owen was under orders from Palpatine to keep Luke out of the way until he was ready to succeed his father! But that's not all.

Owen comes by this treachery honestly; he gets it from his dad! Kliegg was ALSO under orders to buy "The Chosen One's" mommy dearest out of slavery and help set up the events that led to her demise. It turns out that Palpy orchestrated the whole thing just to get Ani to start down the path to the dark side.

But once Ani became "damaged goods," Palpy had to start a new search. Along comes Luke. Clearly both Vader and Palpatine knew of "the son of Skywalker" enough to perceive him as a threat. Now we know how.

Here we were wondering, "Why wasn't Luke protected by Kenobi?" Because he was spying for Yoda, explaining the line, "This one, a long time have I watched."

For the record, Beru was oblivious. She was fed the same line of bull Owen gave Luke about his dad being a freighter captain. When she said, "Luke's just not a farmer, Owen. He has too much of his father in him.," Owen replied knowingly, "That's what I'm afraid of." Now we know why.

8)
Post sober.

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Episode III's OTHER big surprise!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 03:04 PM »
What!?!?!?  Are you drunk!  Where did that come from?  I hope you have some shread of evidence, or at least a few empty whiskey bottles to justify this rambling  ;)
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 03:25 PM »
Me thinks MisterPL should heed his own signature ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 03:50 PM »
Another in the long line of interesting, and entertaining theories, courtesy of MrPL!   8)

I doubt we'll see it, but it certainly could all make sense...  I bet John here could pen a much better script for Ep. 3 (and easily better dialogue) than whatever Lucas has already put together...   :-*

Though I'd be thrilled if George could prove me wrong!

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2004, 12:20 AM »
  interesting. i'm speachless realy. what a HUGE twist this would be if it were so ! no, i haven't been drinking but might as well be after this !
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !