Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178778 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Nicklab-where did you find those hybrid sets at?
Chewie those ARE great and i'd love to see what you or anyboby else can do with these.   I saw these on toynewsi.com and they have another one this size that would be kind of cool to make as a Grevious SUPER BATTLE SUIT or something as it somewhat looked like the wheelbike without the wheel.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Awsome fodder CHEWIE, it reminds me of a load lifter in the ROTS visual dictionary.  I might just have to make that.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Nicklab-where did you find those hybrid sets at?

Toys R Us.  They seem to be going pretty fast though.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? This is a Doctor Who alien.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Sorry Phruby, first I've seen of him but I now want one too :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2006, 08:20 PM »
That's 3.75" scale Paul?

Wow, that's pretty nice looking fodder if it's the case. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 1, 2006, 01:40 AM »
The modern Doctor Who line is more like 5" or 6"

There was a 3 3/4" line back in the late 80's/early 90's but they were rather lackluster looking.
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 9, 2006, 06:36 PM »
just wanted to give a heads up, some of those 2.5" Sigma 6 figs and vehicles are invading TRUs right about now... not the mech in the Pic chewie showed, but another one that comes with Destro:

also, there's a dune buggy and a boat, and then there's some figure packs.. just wanted to give the ol' heads up!
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: July 9, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I like that one a lot...  Love the tank droid mortar thing too, I can use both honestly so that's a pick-up for me it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2006, 11:44 PM »
I received my Aliens Snap Kits today. The detail of these kits is amazing. Hot Toys really did these right. They even did multiple paint aps on the weapon and accessories. I decided to diversify my Colonial Marines with a few head swaps. Now I just need another Tumbler so I can make these guys a kick ass vehicle. LMK what you think.

Nice Kit

The Aliens
Fritzkrieg

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2006, 11:55 PM »
can you describe what the joints are like, Fritz? Would some of them be compatible with star wars figures, and if so, which ones? I know that it looks as if the thighs have GI Joe-like articulation, so it's a no-go for the thighs, am I right? Also, the knee joints look for awesome fodder for bounty hunters and such so I'm interested in those mainly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Fritz, can you give some detailed reviews on them...  Sturdiness, features like sheaths and holsters, plastic quality, etc., etc., etc...

I'm still not up to ordering these or S2 yet, but getting closer.  I have to get past this month's vacation and Toy Show before I'll have financial footing to get snap kit cases, but god I want both! :)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2006, 12:34 AM »
Guys, these are much sturdier than the previous kits. The articulation is still mainly barbell joints, which work much like the Ball socket joints. It is also better hidden this time around. The knee joints are very similar to the new articulation Hasbro is using on its Star Wars figs. The detailing is nothing short of amazing. Think 300th Fett only better. I did warm up my parts before assembling just as a precaution. The first kits I snaped together cold w/out problems but after reading that Jesse had broken his, I thought  better to proceed with caution on these. The Shot Gun Holster that comes w/ Hicks is a little weird and comes apart too easily but its extra so it doesn't bother me much. The Gun Straps are removable and can be positioned differently depending on if the figure is using the weapon or if it's strapped over the shoulder. This poses a slight problem, because the Straps come off too easily. On the Marines I'd say the Good outweighs the bad. The Aliens However are not as asteticly appealing in my opinion. I think this is mainly do to the fact that they are based on the Alien Rubber suit Costumes used the the "Aliens" movie. I prefer the ones based on the CG Aliens in "AVP". But that's just my personal preference. If I had a choice to go back in time when I placed this preorder, I would have gotten More Marines instead of the Aliens. Although the Aliens are much sturdier than the 1st 2 waves.
So, My final verdict is, Buy the Marines. If you want Aliens get them from the 1st two sets and skip these.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2006, 03:03 AM »
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2006, 04:33 PM »
This is all dandy news Fritz, thanks man. 

After this month I'm hoping to get a case of this wave and Wave 2...  Plus perhaps some extra Marines.

Do any of those pics show the Marines without their helmets on? 

This is great stuff...  Me I'm gonna stick with the Aliens from this wave actually.  I liked the humanish look fo the Aliens in Aliens, and the sturdiness will help my decision too.  The S1 and S2 do have a habit of falling over though they are definitely less human looking with the canine legs and all.