Author Topic: Fodder Alert!  (Read 178720 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Fodder Alert!
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Checked out www.toynewsi.com and they have some pics of Scarlet, Duke, & Storm Shadow in new 3 3/4 line for the 25th Anniversary of GI Joe.  They're Super SA, but they're was no info on release, exclusivity, or price on them.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Over on the Joe boards the word is that these are mass market releases.

They look Eff-ing sweet though, and I will be picking them up for my Joe collection.

So far, and keep in mind this is just speculation, the rumor is that they will be in the 7-10 dollar range.

Of course, there is also a r8umor that they might be released in 5 packs.

A total of 25 new sculpt joes are set to be released. Including a Baroness. They have been posting pics of the new figs at a rate of one per day since Monday.

This plus the 30th anniversary Star Wars figs equals a very poor year for me this year. ;D

Ill post more info on these as I find it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2007, 02:04 AM »
You guys need to leave the customizing boards once in a while...  :)  There is more to the site and you're missing the news, haha!  Check our other toys section, there's more than 1 a day posted so far. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2007, 03:27 AM »
Over on the Joe boards the word is that these are mass market releases.

They look Eff-ing sweet though, and I will be picking them up for my Joe collection.

So far, and keep in mind this is just speculation, the rumor is that they will be in the 7-10 dollar range.

Of course, there is also a r8umor that they might be released in 5 packs.

A total of 25 new sculpt joes are set to be released. Including a Baroness. They have been posting pics of the new figs at a rate of one per day since Monday.

This plus the 30th anniversary Star Wars figs equals a very poor year for me this year. ;D

Ill post more info on these as I find it.

Cool, I saw the pics and these look by far to be the best Joes ever made.  Hasbro I think has done everything possible to kill the line over the years, and is FINALLY moving in the right direction based on what these figures look like.

What really is great is that not only do these harken back to the original (more realistic) designs from the early 80s, but they also seem to be using Star Wars figures as a template for how to construct the figures? 

I see some possiblities for some really good custom fodder there, as well as an urge to collect the damn things.  Yikes.

As for other parts of the forums/sites, I'm very well aware of them but am more interested in customizing, it's about 90% of my interest level in the hobby and that's probably not going to ever change.

;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 03:32 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2007, 10:05 AM »
You guys need to leave the customizing boards once in a while...  :)  There is more to the site and you're missing the news, haha!  Check our other toys section, there's more than 1 a day posted so far. ;)

There are OTHER sections??? Where are these other sections you speak of? ;) ;D :P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2007, 12:52 PM »

There are OTHER sections??? Where are these other sections you speak of? ;) ;D :P

I leave the custom boards, but only to check the TOP FIVE HOTTIES topic.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:53 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #291 on: January 26, 2007, 12:58 PM »
OHHHHH NO!

NEVER              AGAIN.

Once, I left the fertile fields of the customizing section at RS and went out into the "other" sections over there.... What I found was astonishing. I discovered nothing but the worst of humanity - and a solid, chilling fear for our world's future! Oh, the horror! The inhabitance of that world were the most childish, asinine, & moronic group of sub-humans I'd ever 'met.'

I left that hell as soon as I could. And when I got back, I took solice in the soft blues & silvers of my homeland. I was relieved, complacent. Oh how I was thrilled to back - safe & sound in my little customizing community. Little did I understand the true scope of what I had done.

Only too late did I become aware of the consequences of my actions. You see, when I came back across, something came with me.... Slowly, at first, the minions of the 'other' lands oozed into the shadows of our threads. Then, in small numbers, they started posting. Here & there, they tested the waters. Poking, proding, they bushed buttons, and lit the smallest of flames. But eventually they grew braver. And then, one day, they were ready!

Certain that our community could be destroyed, they unleashed their greatest champion(s)! GreenDay101 was the first (and 2nd, and 4th...). Many fell to his truly insane brand of evil in those first few days. Many more followed. Eventually, he was repelled, but the land was never the same. We had hoped that the damage would heal itself. However his touch had poisoned the earth irreparably. The damage that he & his ilk had inflicted only festered over time.

Today, the RelmS are full of wandering, brainless comments that attack mindlessly on sight. Flames burn in every thread. War riddles the landscape, and Strife pollutes the atmosphere.

It is not safe there any longer. And it is my fault.

I will not let it happen again....

;) j/k - I'm sure it's better here  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:18 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 26, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Hehe, are you talking about Melkor, or Sauron?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2007, 02:58 AM »
Your king has returned though PenDragon...  He takes the form of DSJ (and his knights of JD)...

In short we don't take any **** around here and pounce on the baffoonery as fast as we can.  ;)  It's safe to leave your hobbit holes around here and join in with the grown-ups.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediSpyke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 6, 2007, 03:53 PM »

Hey guys,

Saw some new figures (new to me, anyway) over at WM at lunch. Both sets deal with motor cycle riders and seem to be better scaled and articulated than some of the earlier bikers. They were both in the hot wheels side of the isle but should be easy enough to find. They were priced the same as SW figures.

One that I almost picked up was a 'heavy rider' and had a mohawk and leathe gear. Would make a great bounty hunter/scum with just a bit of work on his chest.

Sorry, no pics....

Spyke

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 9, 2007, 11:04 AM »
I've seen this mohawk rider on clearance at Wal-Mart.  I just couldn't bring myself to still pay only $3 for just a head.  I probably should have gotten it anyway though.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting some new 3 3/4" fodder

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2007, 06:31 AM »
^Dude, what IS that figure?  Gotta post names, not just pics!!!  Is that the aforementioned biker figure or something???

Please help!

Hot damn, doesn't that guy look like Daniel Craig?  Bond customs, anyone???
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2007, 07:04 AM »
Yeah Fritz, you fig tease.  What's that from?  I'm in on that kind of fodder...  Looks like BBI sculpting style there but I dont' see BBI articulation.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2007, 08:27 AM »
It's from Corgi? I guess? Here's a link:
http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=40

And Yeah, I think it's him... As it seems to be from this move: http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:33 AM by PenDragon »