Author Topic: Hoth Soldier Possibilities  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Hoth Soldier Possibilities
« on: November 14, 2003, 03:29 PM »
OK looking at the New Hoth Trooper Figure/Statuette, I was wondering if any of you have him and what the possibility of putting the new Hoth Luke's legs on him would be to make him LESS dynamic?

Or in the alternative, is Lukes Uniform something that could be painted/modified to make a decent Echo Base Tech/trooper?

The figures won't make it to the shelves here till about June of 2004....

I plan on Customizing the Hoth Stuff like crazy, I just don't know when they will be here in large enough numbers to justify it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hoth Soldier Possibilities
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 04:18 PM »
The one redeeming feature of the Hoth Rebel is his new head and skirtpiece.

His other parts are useless...  :(

I'm hoping to make a decent one someday that's ultra articulated, but for now it's on the burner...  Maybe Hasbro will do a real one someday, like they should've?

Beyond that, this figure looks POTF2 all over to me though, and I'm gonna just wait to see what else may come out before working on a heavily produced series of ultra-articulated custom Hoth Soldiers.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 02:23 PM »
At a bare minimum I'll get 2 and reposition at least the arms to hold the rifle with 2 hands, like a rifle was intended to be held.  Why Hasbro insists on having these figures fire a rifle from a single outstretched arm is beyond me.  Like Jesse James said, i'm sure this figure was sculpted a while ago and is just seeing release now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 04:01 AM »
I agree... Also I think every thing has been done with the old hoth lines if we look at customizing... Now, these new figs don't bring a lot of new opportinities... Maybe the general Reeikaan?
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay