Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Done!
« on: September 18, 2003, 06:51 PM »
I am indeed done with my MOMC POTJ collection. A great complete set, quite happy.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Done!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 06:54 PM »
That's awesome news!!!  I just finished my EP1 single-carded figure collection today too!  :)

Do you have all the variations too?
dustrho

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 08:09 PM »
Glad to hear your E1 collection is complete. I don't collect variations, just the figure I find, on the card it happens to be on. As long as it is MOMC, I am good.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 08:46 PM »
Wow, 2 collectors complete there sets.  8)  
Congrats Chris & Chris!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 08:52 PM »
Wow, 2 collectors complete there sets.  8)  
Congrats Chris & Chris!

dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 05:16 PM »
Uh...  Am I allowed to just do a copy/paste job on my kudos reply to the other Chris for completing his set?   ;D

Congratulations Chris!   8)  It always feels great to complete a collection, or a subset thereof!

I finally polished off my entire carded and loose modern collection a couple months ago with the acquisition of an Ascension Amidala all the way from Japan.  It really feels great to finish everything up, so you can relax a little and enjoy what you've accomplished, before gearing up for the next round!

So what's up next for you?

So congrats to ya' boss!  Next up...?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 09:15 PM »
Well, as always I am attempting to aquire all of the Saga, and unfortunately the Clone Wars. :-* I am working on getting most of the POTJ loose as well, which I already have more than half. I recently have been getting much more into POTF2, so I have been ordering figures to fill in the gaps of the collection. For the personal collection, I may not be up to date with the Saga, but always am able to catch up, with the help of some of our friends here at JediDefender. ;) Mostly, because I don't bother running to the stores anymore because I am too disgusted by finding damaged, or just no items in general.

I have to say that I really enjoy the POTJ line, that was the great line that provided me with so much fun in collecting. Great distribution, awesome figures, and the "old times" at the Star Wars collecting fan sites. Ah, those were the days.

As many know, I did open most of my Episode 1 figures, so I most likely will be going back to get those on card as well. I already have quite a few both ways, and some of the more rare figures on card. Still need that damn Bibble, Battle Amididala, and Pit Droids! They will come though, they will come.

POTF2 has been fun as well, going back and looking at the old work of Kenner on the modern line. A lot of good stuff there. I will concenrate on carded first, and then I will purchase more of the Army builders and figures that I really enjoy, for the loose collection. That is what I intended to do with POTJ, but I like them all so much, that I will end up having a complete loose collection as well.

Another one bites the dust...