Author Topic: "Office Space"  (Read 11419 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: "Office Space"
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 03:28 PM »

"Why dont you just go by Mike?

Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks"

Adam, you forgot the set-up, which makes that scene all the much better.

"No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jad. Nayanajaad"

"Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton."

"You know there's nothing wrong with that name. "

"There was nothing wrong with it...until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys."
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 06:36 PM »
I think it's about as close to working in an office as you can get.  I can spto several of the personalities that inhabit my office, and that's what makes it so great.  I also happened to see it in the theater just after I'd been laid off from a job, and it rang VERY true.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 06:39 PM »
Everything about that movie is a taste of reality in an office.  I've experienced much of what takes place in the movie.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 09:12 PM »
"PC Load Letter... what the **** does that mean!?!?"
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2003, 02:29 AM »
What's sad about my job is that we had a supervisor JUST LIKE LUMBERGH!  And, we also have some paperwork referred to as TPS reports.

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2003, 01:27 PM »
What's sad about my job is that we had a supervisor JUST LIKE LUMBERGH!  And, we also have some paperwork referred to as TPS reports.

UNBELIEVABLE!   :o
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2003, 04:56 PM »
I should try scanning the TPS reports so you can see.

As for my Lumbergh-like supervisor?  Well, he's no longer my supervisor, but he still talks JUST LIKE LUMBERGH!  It's scary!

And if you ask me, I think I do a great Milton impression. ;D

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
How well do you know your "Office Space"?
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2003, 07:41 PM »
http://www.techcomedy.com/www.redswinglinestapler.com/quiz.php

Here's a hundred multiple-choice questions of Office Space trivia, running the gamut from "what magazine did Peter buy forty subscriptions to?", to "how many pieces of flair does Brian wear?", to "which record label released the soundtrack?"

Give it a shot, if you've got some time to kill.

I got 77 right, and 22 wrong.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 07:30 AM »
72 right, 28 wrong.  Not too bad.  Some of them were hard:  Peter's mom's name? and where Lumbergh got his degree?  Better cool quiz, though.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline apokolips

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 02:44 PM »
I totally love this movie.  Out of all my DVDs, this is the one that gets the most spin-time when guests come to the house.  

My previous job (of 8 years) was in an office.  The owner's seven sons ran the place with somewhat equal authority, giving me a total of eight bosses who wanted everything right away all the time.  The TPS report thing was a common echo down my hallowed halls.  One time a business directory called about our entry in their book.  

Dir:  Who's the President?  

me:  Dennis and David Stine.

Dir:  Which one is the Vice-President?

me:  There is no Vice-President.  They are both President.

Dir:  I have one blank for President and one blank for Vice-President.  Which do I put in which?

me:  Ma'am, they are identical twin brothers, both equal to one another.  One is not superior to the other.  To put one in the 'Vice' blank could start a war that would end in my getting fired.  Create two 'President' blanks and delete the 'Vice-President' blank or leave us out of your business directory completely.

Dir:  I'll just leave your company out then.  

me:  That would be preferable.  Bye!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2003, 03:35 AM »
I really need to get my ass in gear and check this flick out finally.  I've been hearing such great things about it for the past year or two, but for whatever reason, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet...  Is it too late to demand no spoilers?   :P

...and Burn, please don't go mixin' up the terminology.  We only "spin" CDs here.  You start talking about spinning DVDs and it's gonna completely mess Virex's "spinning" thread all up!   :-*

Of course, I might actually start participating in it if that was the case, since my musical tastes are a bit on the more mild side from most of the headbangin' hard rockers around here...   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2003, 09:17 AM »
Ooh man, you're missing out by not watching this one Matt...  It's definitely funny.  It matches every office situation I've ever been in, and every office situation my friends work in too.  It's sad in its own way, but very funny.  :)  I'm surprised this is one you've not seen yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2003, 05:48 PM »
Dude, Matt, uh, get it.  

According to DVD Price Search, you can get the widescreen version for about thirteen bucks by itself, or you can get it in a two-pack with either Dude, Where's My Car? or Super Troopers for about $18 (haven't seen either of those flicks, myself, but for another five bucks, that's a pretty damn good deal).

Of course, there is a pan-and-scan version available as well, so watch out for that.

And also, a special edition has been rumored to be in the works for the past two or three years, but due to some circumstance between Mike Judge and Fox (that nobody seems to know the details of), it is still just that:  a rumor.  It'll come out eventually--this is a huge cult film by now, and would sell very well, but when exactly is anyone's guess.

What's interesting is that this movie lost money at the box office when it was released in 1999, but has since gone on to become one of Fox's biggest-selling DVDs of all time.

Great movie--just as funny the fifth or tenth or twentieth time as it was the first.  Great to just have on for atmosphere--it's fun while you're drinking with your buddies, or during a party.  Hell, I've even used it as "falling asleep noise" a few times.  Great stuff, and we're all pretty much in our mid-20's to mid-30's here, so we're the target audience here.  (Not so fast, Mainland05 and Morgbug. . .)   :P

(Hell, Matt--you wait too much longer, and you'll identify more with Lumbergh than you will with Peter.)   :o

Anyway--get it.  Put off buying three Star Wars figures for the next week or two, and pick up this DVD.

Mothershitter!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 05:50 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2003, 05:56 PM »
Ok, ok...  You convinced me!  I'll see if I can pick it up right quick...

Of course, there is a pan-and-scan version available as well, so watch out for that.

???   :-X   I'll pretend I didn't hear that Cory Matt...

(Hell, Matt--you wait too much longer, and you'll identify more with Lumbergh than you will with Peter.)   :o

I'll pretend I didn't hear that either...

Put off buying three Star Wars figures for the next week or two...

Or that.

Mothershitter!

And especially that!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 06:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2003, 06:14 PM »
Intentional double post, to avoid being the last reply on the page.

Apologies.  

>:( :( ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 06:19 PM by Virex »