Author Topic: "Office Space"  (Read 11343 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: "Office Space"
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2003, 06:18 PM »
Ok, ok...  You convinced me!  I'll see if I can pick it up right quick...

Yes.

Of course, there is a pan-and-scan version available as well, so watch out for that.

???   :-X   I'll pretend I didn't hear that Cory Matt...

Now I will not pretend like I didn't hear that one.  How dare you.  How dare you, sir.  To this day, the only thing that Cory and I have ever agreed upon is that the other one sucks. . .   ;)  I wasn't saying "watch out" for the pan-and-scan version like "hey, wow, get that one".  It was more like "pan-and-scan is the devil, make sure you don't accidentally get that kind!   :o "

(Hell, Matt--you wait too much longer, and you'll identify more with Lumbergh than you will with Peter.)   :o

I'll pretend I didn't hear that either...

Now what the hell was wrong with that?!?!  That was kind of a funny joke, that really can't be appreciated until you've at least seen the film. . .  [CarnorJax] ::) ??? ::) ???[/CarnorJax]

Put off buying three Star Wars figures for the next week or two...

Or that.

Now what?  Wasn't making any smart-ass comment, really--I'm sure you have a really nice collection, Matt.  Just saying that you can finally pick up this DVD for about as much as it would cost you to buy three Star Wars figures, that's all.

Mothershitter!

And especially that!

Me and you, Matt, I think we don't exactly get each other all the time.   :-X
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 06:51 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2003, 06:23 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 08:00 PM »

Damn, the internet's a tricky place...  Oh, I getchya just fine Matt, at least this time anyway!  I just didn't use enough (any) smileys for you to get me apparently...   ;)  I was going to throw some in there so you'd know I was just messin' with the whole thing, but I thought you'd figure that out with all of my silly repetitive response there!   :P  Guess not...   :-\

Now I will not pretend like I didn't hear that one.  How dare you.  How dare you, sir.  To this day, the only thing that Cory and I have ever agreed upon is that the other one sucks. . .   ;)  I wasn't saying "watch out" for the pan-and-scan version like "hey, wow, get that one".  It was more like "pan-and-scan is the devil, make sure you don't accidentally get that kind!   :o "

Just a lighthearted jab at our resident DVD King  :-*, for even wasting your breath bringing up the ridiculous "pan-and-scan" format.  I know they're out there, as do most folks, and I think we're all well aware to keep our eyes open so as not to mistakenly scoop one up - especially since most movies are still available in both formats for some stupid reason.  Heck, even Cory's supposedly finally gotten with the Widescreen program...   :P  Guess I should stop in the DVD thread a little more often so you don't think I'm a total dope when it comes to these things...   ;)

(Hell, Matt--you wait too much longer, and you'll identify more with Lumbergh than you will with Peter.)   :o
----------------
I'll pretend I didn't hear that either...
----------------
Now what the hell was wrong with that?!?!  That was kind of a funny joke, that really can't be appreciated until you've at least seen the film. . .  [CarnorJax] ::) ??? ::) ???[/CarnorJax]

And again, I almost added the clarifying statement that "I'll assume that was an age crack on my old ass!  ;)", but didn't since I figured you'd figure that I figured that out!   :P  (which I obviously did)   Yes, I'll give you funny on that one!   :-*  And considering the plethora of age jokes that fly around JD (and that I'm one of the worst culprits), no offense taken...

[CarnorJax] ::) ??? ::) ???[/CarnorJax]

That's another funny point for you BTW!   ;)

Put off buying three Star Wars figures for the next week or two...
------------
Or that.
------------
Now what?  Wasn't making any smart-ass comment, really--I'm sure you have a really nice collection, Matt.  Just saying that you can finally pick up this DVD for about as much as it would cost you to buy three Star Wars figures, that's all.

Oh, c'mon now!  I was cracking a joke on myself there!  Suggesting that I not buy Star Wars figures for a couple weeks, is like telling an alcoholic to lay off the booze for a while...  Get it?  I was being funny at my own expense! (at least in my pea-sized noggin :P)  That barely even had anything to do with what you said really.

Mothershitter!

And especially that!

That one's at least a little obvious though, isn't it?  Hopefully...?   :)

We'll have to work on that then.  This can be lesson one in our class of mutual understanding...   :-*

1.  Always use winking or kissy smileys when using sarcasm.

And just 'cause I know how much you love these - here's a few more so you can better understand where I'm coming from:

:-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*
And maybe a few of Scott's famous dancing chickens so that there's definitely no possibility of further confusion here...

Granted last week's "Louise" response was a bit outta left field, but I figured a movie buff like yourself would catch on.  I'll work on it though!   :-*  (<------- last one for now, I swear!)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 08:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 08:57 PM »
Granted last week's "Louise" response was a bit outta left field, but I figured a movie buff like yourself would catch on.

Well, I'll tell you.  I feel a little bad about not getting your reference, but I have a couple of good reasons:

First, I haven't seen that movie in about ten years, and even then, it was only just once, so I couldn't tell you one line from it.

And also, an old girlfriend's middle name was (and I'm assuming still is) "Louise", so I tend to kind of go into shell shock whenever I see or hear it.  Think of that opening scene in Saving Private Ryan, at Omaha Beach, when Tom Hanks' character just kind of spaces out for a few seconds, with that guy yelling "WHAT NOW, SIR!?!?" two feet in front of his face, and doesn't hear a damn word of it. . .  :-X

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2003, 09:00 PM »
Ummm yeah.... Matt.... if you could just get back to work, that would be greaaat. Yeah.... thanks....

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2003, 09:08 PM »
First, I haven't seen that movie in about ten years, and even then, it was only just once, so I couldn't tell you one line from it.

Sheesh.  Ain'tchya got TNT?!

Ummm yeah.... Matt.... if you could just get back to work, that would be greaaat. Yeah.... thanks....

I think he's talking to you Matt...  Don't know exactly what work it is that you should be attending to, but it sounds like you oughta hop to!

Me, I'm off to ROTK.  Save all the misunderstood sarcasm for me when I get back!   :-*

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2003, 09:17 PM »

(Again, I must steal borrow from Carrie. . .   :-\

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 5, 2004, 05:24 PM »
This was on the ABC Family channel the other day...WTF were they thinking.  Seriously, every third word was bleeped out
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #38 on: March 5, 2004, 06:30 PM »

:)
« Last Edit: March 5, 2004, 06:35 PM by smileyfaceguy »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 5, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Were in the movie!  :D

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 5, 2004, 06:59 PM »
I have never seen this film, but it does look really good! Funny, it looks hella funny.  Anyone care to tell me what the movie is about?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: March 5, 2004, 09:10 PM »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 5, 2004, 09:18 PM »
(Not so fast, Mainland05 and Morgbug. . .)   :P

Haha, I get it, its because they are OLD!!!

:-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 6, 2004, 12:07 AM »
i hate this movie...it reminds me way to much of my real life. I actually get annoyed and a little angry when he gets told about the TPS report for the 900th time...that is the kind of ass i get

(i figured i would use ass because we are allowed)
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 6, 2004, 01:05 AM »

Alt Tab.

Alt Tab

Damn it,

Alt Tab