Author Topic: The Duel  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
The Duel
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:19 AM »
The set diaries the last two days have both dealt with the thing I have wanted to see ever since I first saw Star Wars, the first Darth Vader/Obi-Wan fight.  

Sounds like a bunch of green screen work
Sounds like lava will be invloved
Sounds like it will be windy

Care to speculate as to why this happens...where it takes place and how Obi-Wan gets the upper hand?

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
Re: The Duel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 12:10 PM »
Care to speculate as to why this happens...where it takes place and how Obi-Wan gets the upper hand?

Not Really

Just kidding, I would like to see it also
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline figureaddict

• Youngling
  • Ohh Monkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 02:43 PM »
Well, we all know that Skywalker stops thinking rationally when he starts letting his emotions take controll, and Kenobi is just too damn smooth to get flustered.   That or Skywalker tries the suicide way out and the Emperor "forces" him to stay alive.
Jason, Super Sci-Fi Space Monkey

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 04:02 PM »
Ever see this McQuarrie painting...

I'm envisioning this to be the climactic spot of the battle

Sounds like from the latest theforce.net spoiler there is some truth to that rumor
Here is what they had planned at the stage of involvement where I was at. Anakin loses his right leg after the fight - and yes, Anakin and Obi-Wan do battle it out in the lava environment we've dreamed about since the early days. More as I dare.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 04:12 PM »
I think GL has done a good job of keeping the whole reason a secret as to why Anakin turns to the darkside.  I am glad for that.  So really I have no idea how these two end up dueling, where, and why.  I am certainly glad it is going to be in a lava area like what was originally seemed to be planned.  

I kind of wonder if Annie will loose more than just his leg?  Or is somehow wounded more substantially.  I want to know why the lungs are in such bad shape that he needs the breathing mask, etc.  

Definitely looking forward to this scene and film.  

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 07:11 PM »
apparently Obi, Padme and Anakin are all on a mission that involves them travelling and camping together. Padma gives birth to the children during this mission. Anakin keeps having scary dreams about him mother though and waking everyone up.  At first they think it's sweet, but then when he keeps waking up shouting for his mum tempers fray with the lack of sleep.  Luke and Liea are always just getting off to sleep when BAM!!  "Mum!!" Anakin sits up screaming.  Padma obviously can't keep having the kids woken up each night so sends them off to be hidden and Obi kicks off with Anakin telling him not to be such a wimp.  

I got all this info from Hyperspace, I think it's in one of the set diaries.
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 07:37 PM »
Good to see that GL isn't trying to screw up the Lava Speculation. I can't wait!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 12:33 PM »
Will the fight take place on Coruscant?  I speculate this  because during the speeder chase scene in AOTC, when the camera is facing down, you can see what appears to be rivers of lava flowing freely. ???

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 02:36 PM »
I reakon Coruscant is a good bet.  When we see Dooku vist Sidius it was in the same firey/industrial part of the city where Anakin and Obi flew over the lava.  

They've already said that the fight takes place through a number of sets/rooms i.e. not just on a vulcano but within a building that has lava in/around/beneath it.
So coruscant is my hot favourate, but with the promise of so many new worlds it could be anywhere.  Lets just hope its not in a lava pool where the workers are trying to get the Calibar crystal under Anakin's command, and Obi stumbles across it and tries to stop them.  No crystals! No crystals! No crystals! Come on, chant it with me, No crystals!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 2, 2003, 12:39 PM »
More on the duel from theforce.net

So you heard that Anakin loses a leg? I'm impressed, they haven't even shot that scene yet - maybe this week? Between that and his arm and you've got a wicked mixture of man and machine. That, and that whole burned to a crisp deal. Literally.
Well, I've got something else to add. His leg is gone from about the knee down or so, not at the thigh like some have speculated. AND he loses something else as well. All of his hair is gone - singed in the fire. And he gets that massive head wound in Episode III - the one you see briefly on Vader unmasked in Return of the Jedi.

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 4, 2003, 05:05 AM »
I'm sure you've all read on Hyperspace and Theforce.net exactly how violent and disturbing this fight is going to be.  Anakin being seen burnt to a crisp and badly cut up.  People are saying it might be hard to get a PG13 certificate.  I just hope Lucus has the guts to tell his story like he imagined, irrelivant of certificate.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: September 4, 2003, 07:49 PM »
This is all making me think about signing up for the Hyperspace service.  This is the kind of stuff that I love!
dustrho

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
  • i am the chosen one, alright lets dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 07:41 PM »
the duel will take place on a ship & it will chrash on a new alien planet  with high winds it will be  similar to Goenisis or what ever its called
i should poke out your eyes with a cork screw & shuve'em far up you buttocks so you can see the crapp being kicked out of you !! all together now SERANITY NOW !!!