Author Topic: Favorite Ship  (Read 13484 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Ship
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2004, 12:05 AM »
I'd choose the B-wing or Y-wing but weren't those POTJ ships?

For the one ship I know is definitely POTF2, I go with the A-Wing.

Runner up:  Tatooine skiff.

EDIT:  Okay, the B-wing was POTJ, the Y-wing was POTF2.

I think i'll stand pat with "A-Wing" as my selection.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2004, 12:08 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 9, 2004, 01:23 AM »
AT - AT  
I also happen to like Vaders Tie and the A-Wing as well, if it reallly has to come down to ships ;D

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 9, 2004, 03:37 PM »
Y-Wing 'fo sure
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2004, 03:00 AM »
A-Wing and Interceptor, without a doubt...

A-Wing is to-scale, has freaking pop-rivets even sculpted on...  It's simply amazing.  Give it a decent pilot, and a good paintjob, and that sculpt holds up even against the likes of "X-Treme Detail" 1:18 airplanes and other items of the lik.e

The A-Wing just was a nice ship when it was made, which has lasted even today.  THat's a rare quality in a vintage sculpt.

The Interceptor's my close runner-up, again because it's in-scale.  It slightly lags behind the A-Wing because the cockpit pod is of course inaccurate.  Beyond that it's close enough to suit me.

Give it a rounded (noo battery box) pod and it's at least a tie with the A-Wing...  I'd ALMOST like to see it re-released, but only if it were DEFINITELY the same color as the current Interceptor is.  I don't want them looking like shite next to each other.

The TIE from KB was supposed to be properly colored, but low and behold Hasbro made it SLIGHTLY different.  Enough that you can't swap it with the Int's wings.

A shame.

Beyond these 2 vehicles, I am not fond of most of the POTF2 range, or POTJ.  Underscaled is many of the vehicle's major issue(s), but some are simply terribly sculpted...  The Y-Wing comes to mind there.

The Speederbikes and Snowspeeder are the rare breed that are overscaled.  Wish we'd get a new one of each of these too.

With a new Ewok Glider, maybe a new "simpler construction" Speederbike will happen?  Who knows.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 09:17 AM »
I'm gonna go with the Falcon
It was my favorite ship in the movies and i was in heaven the day i got this even though you can't put two figs in it properly it still rocks
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I cast my vote for the Power F/X Xing, beautiful sculpt and the lights and sounds are outstanding.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2005, 01:43 PM »
This maybe sound odd, but my favorite POTF2 vehicle is the Cruise Missile Trooper. The only vehicles "new" to the POTF2 line was the Cruise Missile Trooper, the EU ones and the Swoop bike. The AT-AT is my favorite vintage vehicle. ;D

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I cast my vote for the Power F/X Xing, beautiful sculpt and the lights and sounds are outstanding.

I'm inclined to agree with Anthony here.  That FX X-Wing was really nice.  The only thing that could've possibly made it any better would've been some type of mix 'n' match red stripes, signifying the specific pilot (Red 1, Red 5, etc.)  That, and no dedicated pilot in there.  I know that'd cause a problem with the likes of a fatass figure like Porkins, so they'd have to adjust the cockpit a little, or something.  Or just include some interchangeable heads in there...

Great ship though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 11:10 PM »

I know that'd cause a problem with the likes of a fatass figure like Porkins, so they'd have to adjust the cockpit a little, or something. 

Not really, I got a Porkins in there (waist up) with an R5 unit in the droid socket. I'll show you next time you're over.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18 PM »
I relly like the SOTE slave 1 and the at-at walker. I also like the y-wing but I can't even find the new toys r us one or the older POTF one.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!