Author Topic: Jabba's Palace on eBay  (Read 4315 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Jabba's Palace on eBay
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:09 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3144322175&category=751

Found this over at thejawa.com, and check out the price tag on this thing!  It sold for $1,000 and 26 people bidded on it.  It is an impressive piece, but I don't know about that kind of price though.   :o
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Palace on eBay
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 11:04 PM »
That price is crazy!  :o
I checked the feedback & the seller posted for the buyer "The deal went through with minimal problems" but nothing for the seller fo far!

Thought the seller mentions "it weighs approximately 15 pounds", I wonder what the shipping cost was for that size!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2003, 09:16 PM »
Not quite as sweet as that other Jabba's Palace on eBay several months back, that ended up at around $3,500 - but pretty damned cool nonetheless!  Not $1,000 cool (IMO), but fun to look at anyways...

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2003, 07:51 PM »
Thought the seller mentions "it weighs approximately 15 pounds", I wonder what the shipping cost was for that size!

It was $48 to send it from Wisconsin to Florida !!!

Dan and his friend did a heck of a job !!!

Can't wait to see their next Dio !!!  ;D
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Hi all I am new here, but I saw this post and had to reply. I am the one that drew up the plans for this diorama, and built about 80% of it. It was built for one reason, to hook a collector up with something cool that they have neither the time or skills to do on their own. I must say that I was really shocked that the price went as high as it did, this guy in Florida wanted to make sure he got it, he said it was gonna be the centerpiece of his collection. Here is a link to more pictures of this bad boy....

http://www.thejawa.com/customs/Dan/danjabba.php

It was really fun, and challenging to build. The bad thing is the guy never left feed back for me on this transaction which did not go as smoothly as you would be led to believe. It took almost a month to get payment from him, he said he aquired a termite problem that would postpone payment for a while. So I do'nt know if he waited to long to post feedback or he just simply forgot. Whatever the case the presious star I wanted for this deal never appeared.  ??? After all the waiting for the money it finally arrived, and I made sure I gave him a good feedback despite the fact it took a while. Oh well, I recently sold a another diorama through the bay, and this one went flawless, and I finally got my first star. :D This diorama went all the way to Puerto Rico.  I really like the fact that this dio went to live in a warmer climate then I live in, and the buyer is happy as heck with it. It's a good feeling to hook people up with dioramas. And I really love to build them.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 12:47 PM »
This thing is really cool, but at $1,000 it's the kind of thing you want to build, not buy.  Looks awesome, anyhow.  You can tell how big this thing is by looking at the size of the rancor compared to the rest of it  :o
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 10:49 AM »
Awesome work here too Dan!  Can't wait to see more :)

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Thanks for the compliment OCB, I really like these things when they are all set up, and they are fun to build. :D