Author Topic: Hailfire Droid  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Hailfire Droid
« on: September 15, 2003, 12:53 PM »
MSRP: $19.99 where I purchased it at Target.

Description on Box: A self-aware mobile missile-platform used exclusively by the InterGalactic Banking Clan, hailfire droids deliver surface-to-surface and surface-to-air strikes with their stacked banks of rocket warheads. Hailfires roll along on oversized hoop-like wheels. In between the bracketing axle arms is a small, central body equiped with a single photoreceptor. When the InterGalactic Banking Clan pledged its forces to the Confederacy of Independent Systems (a non-exclusive arranged, of course), its hailfire droids were added to the immense Separatist battle droid army.

Features: Rapid-fire launchers! Each launcher fires 8 missiles. The other 8 missiles are just placed in the missile pods for holding.
Over-sized wheels that really roll.
Positionalbe dual blaster cannon.

Play Value: Well, this toy is a big droid with 16 firing missiles. It is a really lame toy for play value. You can roll it around and shoot some missiles. I think kids will like it since it shoots missiles. Other than that it is a display piece.

Overall Rating: Like I said, this toy is a display piece. It snaps together very easily and is a sturdy toy. Not a really exciting toy in my opinion. So I will have to give this toy the rating of a C.
Hasbro hit this toy on the head from what we saw it do in the movie. But it is a rather boring toy. I feel that Hasbro could of made a different toy in the Star Wars Universe instead of this toy. But in all fairness to Hasbro, they made this toy now, since E2 is still fresh in the kids and collectors minds.

It looks neat, but it is boring.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Hailfire Droid
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 01:02 PM »
David, when did you start actually playing with your toys?   :P
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 01:31 PM »
Playing with my toys! :) No not really...
When I open them up I do play with them to figure them out, ect. After that they are usually put on display.

So what is wrong with playing with toys!?!  ;D
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 02:20 PM »
I was only kidding around David, but you never know.  There might be people out there who actually play with their toys on a regular basis.  I would love to play with my toys, but I think my wife would think I was weird or something.  LOL!
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 07:46 PM »
My Review...

The Hailfire Droid, one of the coolest and most destructive vehicles of the Clone Wars, has finally been added to my collection.  I can sum it all up in one word how I reacted to this... "wow!"  This thing is awesome!  It took only a few minutes to put together, and took longer to load all the missiles into their designated launching tubes.  On each separate rocket launcher you have 8 missiles that fire, and 8 that just sit in their tubes waiting to be reloaded for more fighting.  This rolls very well on carpeting, but has a hard time rolling on a flat surface.  Overall though, I think this is the second best vehicle made for AOTC, with the best vehicle being the Republic Gunship.

Check out the pictures here.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2003, 10:57 AM »
That Hailfire Droid looks neat. Nice pictures again Chris!  8)
Keep it up!  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2003, 10:10 PM »
So, have you guys wound up with missiles everywhere?  I hear the mechanism is pretty sensitive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2003, 10:21 PM »
Yeah, my missiles seem to be all over the place.  I have mine sitting on one of my higher shelves, and every now and then one of those missiles shoots out on their own.  It is pretty annoying but it doesn't bother me that much.
dustrho