Author Topic: Thundercats, Hoooo!!  (Read 48654 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Thundercats, Hoooo!!
« Reply #45 on: February 1, 2011, 08:52 AM »
thanks for the link Evenflow.

I am pretty excited to check out this line at Toy Fair.  So, according to Evenflow's link, the only bad guys we will see right out of the gate are Mumm-Ra and and what seems to be a crappy, "semi-articulated", version with Slithe in the deluxe vehicle line

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #46 on: February 1, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Man, these look like crap, in my opinion. I do not like the new super anime look of the redesign at all but I get they want to appeal to todays kids. (I thought the manga craze was done but I guess not.) I am interested to see the classics line. I was hoping Mattel would do these so they are in scale with MOTU classics. I like the 14' Mezco Lion-O but it's too big. They would have done a great job too, it's a shame Bandai got this license. Bandai is not exactly known for making good figures.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 1, 2011, 12:32 PM »
you got a link to where you seeing these?  The only pics I have seen are extremely blurry - hard to make out the quality.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 1, 2011, 12:40 PM »
I do like the old look better, but hard to tell how the toys will look based on this.  I’m more bothered by the assortment.  Similar to Iron Man, it looks like they plan to release just one baddie along with a pile of good guys.  I’m sure good guys sell, but having kids of my own – it’s pretty lame to have an army of good guys with no one to fight against.  Where are Slithe, Jackalman, Monkian!? 

My favorite figures as a kid were usually the bad guys (Fett, Biker Scout, Kobra-Kahn, Soundwave), so I don’t get why villains have fallen out of favor these days.  Few action figure lines beyond Star Wars have staying power, but it sure seems like most of them shoot themselves in the foot from the get go with these crappy assortment choices.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 1, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Collider has a look at a handful of the toys, as well as what Snarf will look like in the series.  Not sure I'm too crazy about the toys yet either, but I'll wait and see.  As it has already been mentioned, I'd have rather seen the Horsemen/Mattel put out a "Classics" line alongside the MOTUC lineup.  That said, I think its cool that they're making a Thundertank, playset, etc. and I hope that the new show is a hit with kids.  It would be cool to see Thundercats make a comeback, it was one of my favorites as a kid.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #50 on: February 2, 2011, 10:04 AM »
I hope that cheetara is not supposed to be an example of the 8 inch classic series. My intrigue has turned into disgust.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 3, 2011, 10:22 AM »
ToyNewsI has a look at the first figure from the 8" Classic Line, Lion-O.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #52 on: February 3, 2011, 02:12 PM »
This does not look too bad, better than what I expected. My fear it that he will be made of super shiny plastic like the Power Rangers. I will reserve final judgment once I see a production piece. My mind is not changed on the new look, I do not like it at all.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: February 3, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Its not bad bt it is certainly not amazing, saddens me to think what the 4HM could have done.

EDIT!--------------------------

This pic makes me feel better (credit to thundercatslair for it)

« Last Edit: February 3, 2011, 09:03 PM by evenflow »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #54 on: February 4, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Its not bad bt it is certainly not amazing, saddens me to think what the 4HM could have done.

I was really hoping for 4H to get this, oh well I can wait another 20 years...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2011, 10:29 AM »
I'm kind of impressed with the 8" classic line of Thundercat figures.  The Lion-O and Tigra look excellent.  Maybe not quite 4H excellent, but still...I might actually pick those up.  If they also do Panthro and Cheetara, and they look as good, I'd go for them as well.

The 3.75" line, blah.  I don't like the looks of the figures as much and the accessories look really tiny.  The playset just has no substance to it.  It's really pretty ridiculous.  The tank looks okay, but again, it looks small. 

The role play items, on the other hand, look pretty cool.  Small, for kids, but cool features.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2011, 11:23 AM »
I think I am in a "wait until I see it at retail and make a decision then" mode.  Kinda impressed, kinda meh.  I was looking at some pictures and I noticed that Mumra, when he is in his supersized, ever-living mode, had 2 big holes in his chest in the 3 3/4 line.  anyone know what that is all about? 

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09 PM »
I pre-ordered a set from BBTS from what i have seen they look pretty nice. I hope the cartoon is good i have been disappointed with renegades.
Left Blank For Symbolism.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 08:31 PM »
I preordered them as well, hoping fo Mumm-Ra and Slithe next.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Well I went all in on this line.  While there have only been 3 episodes so far I am loving them! 

I went to TRU and grabbed all 7 of the new wave 1 - 4 inch Thundercats toys plus the Lizard on his bike thingy, plus the Thundertank. Someone must have beaten me to Grune and Mumra the Ever Living - but thats ok I spent enough on everything else for the day.

Also just FYI prices at TRU:

Single Carded figures = $7.99
Deluxe = $14.99
Vehicles = $14.99
Thundertank - $29.99

From what I have seen on line single carded figures will be $6.99 at K-Mart.