Author Topic: Favorite Actors?  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Favorite Actors?
« on: January 3, 2003, 11:56 AM »
Who are your favorite actors? And why?
Mine would be:

Marlon Brando -
Godfather was a great movie, and it couldnt have been without him because he was 'the godfather' without a doubt. Just perfect acting all around in my opinion. I'm a big fan of gangster movies, and so that puts him on my Best Actors list automatically. To cement him on my list was Apocalypse Now. Now A.N. has its fans and haters, but I found it to be both extremelly great and extremelly confusing at the same time. Regardless of how the movie was, Brando did a really good job as the "insane but brilliant" Col. Wurtz, the way he read his lines was, at times, so good that I didn't even think about the confusing parts of the movie that bugged me most of the movie, I just listened. Like Hoper said, 'You dont talk to the Colonel, you listen.'

Harrison Ford -
In my opinion he is the best actor living, at least tied up with Brando. He was perfect in Star Wars 4 through 6, Indiania Jones 1 through 3, and all kinds of other movies from President, Patriot, Blade Runner (I didnt like Blade Runner that much) and his best movie besides Indiana and SW's, the Fugitive. The thing about Ford that I admire is that he is a nice person who (at least apparently) cares about other people. He signs autographs (if you got a Brando autograph its fake), and he flies a helicopter around saving stranded people... Now how cool is that? Oh yea, on a side note, Harrison Ford was in Apocalypse Now with Marlon Brando, and his name was "Lucas", you do the math. :)

George C. Scott -
I've liked his performance in every movie he's done, at least the ones I've seen. I didn't like the movie where he's the grandpa of the fat kid, but he did pretty good in such a lame movie. He did real good in 12 Angry Men, which I really liked, and his big one is easily Patton, where he basically made me believe that he was Patton... period. Unfortunately he passed away, but I'm still a big fan of his because older movies are better than these newer ones anyway.

Plz share with me your favorite actors and why so I dont have a big post with 0 replies, I post rarely enough already, lol.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re:Favorite Actors?
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2003, 03:50 PM »
Clint Eastwood   Dirty Harry, old wersterns even Any Which way but Loose.

Charles Bronson....similar reasons to Eastwood. I loved the old Death Wish movies.

Harrison Ford would be on that list as well.

There are alot of good actors and I am sure once I log off I'll say how could I forget.......

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

DarkJediCB

« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2003, 08:06 PM »
My favorite actors would have to be:

Harrison Ford, for the same reasons as Brad, although I disagree with the movie choice.

Robin Williams, because he is awesome no matter what kind of role he plays.

Sean Connery, need I say anything.... ;)

Ewan McGregor, Obi-wan aside.

Actually the list goes on and on.  Way too many to post here. ;)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 8, 2003, 11:32 PM »
Easy

. Gary Oldman( Just about every role he's been in)

. Robert DeNiro

. Al Pachino

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2003, 06:21 PM »
For a second there I thought you wrote Gary Coleman,  :o. Hehe.

Offline artoodetoo

• Youngling
  • they say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2003, 04:38 PM »
ewan mcgregor  :)
a la sha

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Actors?
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 02:06 PM »
My favorite is Harrison Ford...he is great
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 09:58 PM »
Willem Dafoe gets top billing for me. He is the brightest shining beacon of light in the acting community, and serves as an example to a younger generation of actors. Even the not so good movies he has been in have been easy to watch because of his presence.

Johnny Depp (the most noteworthy actor of my generation by far, he's settled nicely into his reputation of having exceptional depth as an actor. He had to revolt against a false public perception of him for so long, and he finally got his dues in the last decade or so)

Gary Oldman (an astounding, frightening man- cooler than cool)

John Cusack (fantastic dry comedic ability, and a very comfortable person to watch on the screen. Who doesn't feel like they know him on some level?)

Benicio Del Toro (oh, lord, this man is amazing. When I saw him in Traffic, my mouth was agape for almost the entire duration of the film. What an amazing talent, and an extremely sexy individual to boot)

Marlon Brando (Streetcar Named Desire, On the Waterfront. 'Nuff said)

Russel Crowe (The film The Insider blew me away for his performance alone. It almost made me sick to realize that I was SO in the dark that acting like that was even possible. Not sure there's a better compliment than that)

Tim Roth ( this guy is SO cool, so British, gets into fights when he drinks, is moody, unpredictable, sexy-- the perfect ingredients to make a fantastic actor)

And now for the ladies.....

Juliette Binoche (after I saw her in The Unbearable Lightness of Being-- the film treatment of my favorite book by Milan Kundera, I made it a point to see just about everything else she's been in. She's honest, captivating, her depth is unending, and her eyes draw you in like a warm fire)

Kate Winslet (I feel that Kate is an underrated actress. Let's forget Titanic ever happened, and focus on her indy films and those that had lesser box office results for a moment. Without the shackles of big Hollywood around her, she shines in a way that 99% of actresses today wish they could. Can't touch her ability, she's outstanding)

Cate Blanchette (One word for you-- Elizabeth)
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 10:33 PM »
What ever happened to Rutger Hauer?  I really like him since Blade Runner.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2003, 11:01 PM »
He just did a cameo on Alias 2 weeks ago.