Author Topic: 'The Hobbit' movie  (Read 105038 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 'The Hobbit' movie
« Reply #150 on: December 9, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I agree, there is no reason why he shouldn't be there...my son and I just finished the Mirkwood portion of the book, where I assume they will split the movie when it happens.  It makes sense length wise and mirrors the leaving of the Elves in Fellowship...although I have read that Jackson also thought of doing one complete film of the Book and the second being a bridge between the book at LOTR with Aragorn and crew

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 9, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Has he done anything much since the LotR movies?? I know of a couple movies, but nothing spectacular.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #152 on: December 9, 2010, 02:39 PM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 9, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Oh, he hasn't done much...     ;)

Between those two (successful) franchises and Elizabethtown, he's pretty much disappeared off the face of the planet...

Okay, I decided to look at IMDB and it appears that I've seen quite a few of his movies (12).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2010, 09:03 AM »
although I have read that Jackson also thought of doing one complete film of the Book and the second being a bridge between the book at LOTR with Aragorn and crew

I thought that was debunked and the movies will be strictly the Hobbit, the main reason being they don't have the rights to all the stuff that happened between Bilbo's adventure and the start of Frodo's quest?

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2010, 09:09 AM »
although I have read that Jackson also thought of doing one complete film of the Book and the second being a bridge between the book at LOTR with Aragorn and crew

I thought that was debunked and the movies will be strictly the Hobbit, the main reason being they don't have the rights to all the stuff that happened between Bilbo's adventure and the start of Frodo's quest?

That's good because that is a dumb idea IMO

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2010, 12:18 PM »
They have the rights to anything in LOTR and the Hobbit. Much of the proposed "extra material" is in the Appendices to LOTR--most of the Arwen subplot in the movies actually came from here. But they can't use the Unfinished Tales or the other books.

Right now I assume they'll just incorporate it back into the Hobbit--e.g., showing what other characters, such as Gandalf, were doing "offscreen"--and fill two movies that way, but I'm really not clear on it yet.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:25 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 7, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Interesting news concerning the Hobbit, and a certain actor/character's appearance from the LOTR films.  SPOILERS present, as this is apparently confirmed by TheOneRing.net, and may be sort of a surprise for anyone going into the movie spoiler free.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 7, 2011, 06:47 PM »
I don't really have a problem with that.  I look at it as a Fred Savage, Peter Falk moment.  Some of the earlier rumors of returning characters were more of an issue IMO.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Gandalf and Gollum

Sweetness beyond sweetness.   I cannot wait for this movie!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Glad to see this pair was made official!  I think the exciting for the Hobbit will really starting building in 2011.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Yeah, at first I wasn't all that thrilled about these films.  Now I can't wait for them.  I got excited when Peter Jackson said he would direct them. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Yeah, at first I wasn't all that thrilled about these films.  Now I can't wait for them.  I got excited when Peter Jackson said he would direct them. 

It's just one movie right?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2011, 10:59 AM »

It's just one movie right?

No, it's being made into a biopic. (2 movies)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Sounds like Christopher Lee is returning now as well, provided he is in good health.  I'm in the boat with you guys, really looking forward to this project and I'm glad we're getting two movies out of it.  The time during the release of the LOTR trilogy was almost as fun, anticipation-wise, as the Star Wars movies.  Nice to have something to look forward to in this "world" again.