Author Topic: Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 11:25 PM »
I agree with you guys, I think this auction thing is bogus.  If you don't have the internet then you are out of luck.  Plus most of my stuff is MOC so I am out of luck anyway.  I might have about 2,000 points.  I have not counted them.  They should have done a mail away figure.  Like another silver anniversary figure or something.  Or a Gold edition figure, something totally different.  But something that everyone could at least get one or two of and leave it at that.  

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2003, 11:30 PM »
Well its redirecting right now, guess I missed the opening fiasco of the saga.  ;)

I want a Kitik. I don't want to deal with this stupid auction. Nor do I think I have enough points (silly me, I should have bought 10 of every figure).

Maybe they can auction off the rights to rig the next Fan Choice Poll and combine the stupidness in one, giant, bloated lamefest.

J

Edit: So now that I see it's live again, Kitik is at 17,000 points with 7 days to go. I sincerely hope that future auctions will calm down when the, er, "high rollers" squander their points.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2003, 03:51 PM by SilverZed3 »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 1, 2003, 03:55 PM »
I have officially given up on these auctions.  Looks like I will have to find a Jorg Sacul or Toy Fair Vader elsewhere.  Even with my 8500 points, I havent got a shot.  I still cant believe people are buying them on Ebay at ridiculous prices.  For example one auction has about 4000 points and the bidding is at $130.   ???  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: October 1, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Well, I am going to auction off my points then...idiots

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 1, 2003, 04:45 PM »
What I can't believe is that they're only auctioning ONE Kitik Keed'kak.  What a crock.  And the bidding is just ridiculously high.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2003, 10:10 PM »
Look like Hasbro will pull the plug on these in the coming days...

Numbers are obviously phoney...

Just too bad some people couldn't turn their points in for lives...

I'm actually ashamed of being a collector right now  ::)
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 1, 2003, 10:12 PM »
Can't agree with you more, Jimmy.  I've personally got a lot of stuff, and I know I've gotta have a reasonable ammount of Jedi Master points, but I don't think I have anywhere near 17,000+ points.  This has definitely gotten a little out of control.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 1, 2003, 11:50 PM »
I just put my points up on ebay.  I only had like 1.455.  Cause I am a MOC collector, so those are just from some figures I opened and few vehicles.  Oh well.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 1, 2003, 11:59 PM »
Hasbro lowered the bids on everthing now all of the items are back down to 10,000 points instead of 299,999,999,999 for the Cantina figure.  This whole thing is a waste and I hope Hasbro ends up making some sort of figure or something that is limited to 2 per household, maybe Santa Yoda or another simliar figure.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 2, 2003, 12:00 AM »
Hahaha! Rebelscum is reporting that the items have hit 999,999,999,990 JMPs! Maybe this will show Hasbro how dumb of an idea this is. ;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: October 2, 2003, 12:19 AM »
This is world class stoopid.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #26 on: October 2, 2003, 12:25 AM »
Hahaha! Rebelscum is reporting that the items have hit 999,999,999,990 JMPs! Maybe this will show Hasbro how dumb of an idea this is. ;D

That's incredibly false information.  Rebelscum is incorrect about that.  I just checked out the auctions, and they're no where close to that number.  Jorg Sacul is at 10,000 right now... not 999,999,999,990.
dustrho

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: October 2, 2003, 12:34 AM »
OMG, what a joke. So they're back down to 25k for the Kitik. Who has 25k JMPs?

Maybe this auction is genious - bogus bidders buy phantom merchandise at ungodly amounts, causing all actual collectors to throw in the towel and trash their points, thankful if Hasbro never brings up the topic again. Hey, they've got me thinking about it - I saved my points for how many years, to not be able to even come withing 8k close of a Jango?

I know this is Hasbro's only apparent solution to appease collectors who kept points (and we could get nothing instead), but come on, the execution here is shocking.

What a disaster.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: October 2, 2003, 12:34 AM »
Chris the auctions were up to a billion earlier tonight, the bids had been canceled

KBZ over at scum posted that there is a 50,000 point limit and all bids over that amount will need to be verified by phone by Hasbro

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2003, 12:39 AM »
This whole "auction" crap is a joke.  Why can't people just "buy" certain items with their JMP's instead of having to do an auction.  Then people just send in their points and collect the prize(s).  There is ZERO control over how many points a particular bidder truly has.

And because I don't give a crap about this auction (and nor do I have enough points to even compete), I haven't been watching it all night.  So, if it were up to that outrageous amount that's Hasbro's fault for letting it go that high to begin with.  They just made themselves look like the biggest idiots by screwing this thing up.  What an embarassment on their part.
dustrho