Author Topic: Jedi Points - Sell em if you got em!  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jedi Points - Sell em if you got em!
« on: October 2, 2003, 07:21 AM »
This whole auction thing just ticked me off to no end so I sold them on ebay. A few months back I thought I may of had a chance, but one day into the auctions proved me wrong. How much did I get?  I sold 8500 for $150.  In return I bought myself a Sacul and will be buying a Toy Fair Vader in a week.  My problems are all solved ;D Its amazing that people are shelling out so much cash for these.  So anyone out there with limited points can get something for them and can buy something immediately they need, versus waiting on an auction that you will probably lose.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2003, 09:58 AM by rebeltrader »

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Points - Sell em if you go em!
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2003, 09:17 AM »
I posted my points on ebay last night as well.  THe only problem with that, that I think alot more people are going to start doing that as well.  I should have sold them last week before the auctions actually started I guess.  

Good job on selling them though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jedi Points - Sell em if you got em!
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2003, 03:12 AM »
I sold 8500 for $150.  In return I bought myself a Sacul and will be buying a Toy Fair Vader in a week.  My problems are all solved ;D Its amazing that people are shelling out so much cash for these.  So anyone out there with limited points can get something for them and can buy something immediately they need, versus waiting on an auction that you will probably lose.

Nice work Jim.  That's exactly what I've been suggesting folks do for a while now.  We're probably not going to win the auctions anyways, but seeing how much some of the JMPs are going for on eBay, just throw 'em on there, get a fat stack of moolah, and just go out and buy the damned things on eBay that you were going to lose on in the Hasbro auctions!  You've got more money than you would've had, and can get a lot more bang for your JMPs.  Makes perfect sense!  Though Dengar's probably right - the market's probably going to get flooded with these now that folks are realizing that they likely don't stand a chance.  So get on out there and sell, sell, sell!  8)

I'm too lazy to do it myself though, which is pretty sad considering the potential amount of money to be made...  :-\