Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 85039 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA is back!
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2004, 02:56 PM »
That is funny, nice piece of artwork there :).  I'm starting to think Kobe is going to get off too, and if he is innocent, he should.  The only thing I don't want to see is everyone being all "poor Kobe" even though he was still an admitted adulterer....a label that is overlooked way too often with athletes and celebrities I think.  But, if he didn't rape her, then he should go to jail, I agree.  Hopefully they will find out the real truth in this case, whatever it may be.

Big game between the Wolves and Lakers tonight, both will most likely be at full strength too.  Wish the game was on ESPN or something...but NCAA conference tourneys will put the kibosh on that I think.  Should be a good one, have fun at the game Scott!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2004, 04:48 PM »
If you stare real hard at that pic, you can make out what will happen to the Lakers in '04-'05...here it is

LOL ;D - I must admit...that is funny.  Almost as funny as your artistic work on Malone's crutch.  Put the crayola down my friend :o.

-Fish-
Sign me up ILM!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2004, 05:05 PM »
That is funny, nice piece of artwork there :).

Don't encourage him Brian!  Scott's artwork sucks!

We'll see who's laughing in less than 6 hours!   :-*

BTW, this will actually be the first game ALL SEASON that we've had our complete team together, since Rick Fox was still out when Malone was still in.

My prediction:  Lakers go undefeated the rest of the regular season.  You heard it here first.   8)   ;)

Looks like the Isaiah just took the risk of bringing Vin Baker over to the Knicks.  Should be interesting to see how long he lasts in that town...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Yeah, the Vin-man is kind of a sad story.  I hope for his sake that he gets his life in order.  I don't know why everyone was making quite as big of a deal about who would sign him, as I don't know if he is all that great anymore.  Maybe a 10 and 6 type of guy, but those aren't exactly impossible to find anymore.  Not surprised the Knicks picked him up though, Isaiah is on a spree over there.  Should be a dandy tonight, with full lineups in tact.  Hope it is a great game, where everyone plays well....and that's all :).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 05:22 PM by mosnab »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2004, 05:17 PM »
Hope it is a great game, where everyone plays well....and the Timberwolves win  :-*

Uh...  Maybe I misread your post there Brian, but it looked like you just said you wanted the T-Wolves to beat the Lakers.  That's not what you really meant though, right?  'Cause we're good pals, and I hook you up with lots of Star Wars figures since Nebraska's rather dry...  So you wouldn't really say something mean like that about my boys, correct?

Remember that VOTC case I pre-ordered for you at EE?

You're a Laker fan.  Just made a little typo there, I'm sure.  That's understandable, so please feel free to go back and correct it, 'cause I'd hate to have to send your VOTC figures to someone like Morgbug instead...   :-*

Thanks for understanding!  (and no, this isn't blackmail!  ;))

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2004, 05:25 PM »
Well, when you've got me, you've got me Matt.  Hopefully everything is fixed to your liking  :-*  Can we still be friends? ;)  [whisper]go wolves[/whisper]

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2004, 06:01 PM »
Well, when you've got me, you've got me Matt.  Hopefully everything is fixed to your liking  :-*

Well, I suppose that's a little better Bri.  You could've just switched the teams names though.   :-\

Can we still be friends? ;)

Hmmm...  I'll think about it...

[whisper]go wolves[/whisper]

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say no for now.  At least until you've sat down and thought about some things, and this surprisingly bad attitude you've suddenly developed!   ::)

Yo' Celtic fan!  You need about half a case of those upcoming VOTC figures?  I've got some (pre-ordered) extras that have suddenly become available...   ;)

I'm just curious what kinda strings Scott's pulling behind the scenes here in this strangely developing situation.   >:(  Whatever he's up to, I'm gonna get him back!   :-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2004, 06:19 PM »
Well, when you've got me, you've got me Matt.  Hopefully everything is fixed to your liking

Well, I suppose that's a little better Bri.  You could've just switched the teams names though.

Quote from: mosnab on Today at 04:25 PM
Can we still be friends?

Hmmm...  I'll think about it...

Quote from: mosnab on Today at 04:25 PM
[whisper]go wolves[/whisper]

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say no for now.  At least until you've sat down and thought about some things, and this surprisingly bad attitude you've suddenly developed!

Yo' Celtic fan!  You need about half a case of those upcoming VOTC figures?  I've got some (pre-ordered) extras that have suddenly become available...

I'm just curious what kinda strings Scott's pulling behind the scenes here in this strangely developing situation.    Whatever he's up to, I'm gonna get him back!  

Ok, ok....go....er, um.....go NBA LAKERS!  I hope EVERYONE'S teams do the best!  I can't stop using exclamation points!  How exciting!  Now can we be friends again?  :-[
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 07:11 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2004, 07:13 PM »
There, now we can be pals again!   8)

Uh...  That wasn't abusing my moderating powers at all, was it?!   ;D   :-*

Offline D-Miles23

• Youngling
  • I like Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2004, 11:44 PM »
What in hell is the purpose of the thrice damned .3 second rule?! Who is that really helping? For those who don't know the .3 second rule it basically says that if there is less then .3 seconds then a team cannot gain possession of the ball during an inbound pass. Why am I complaining, you ask? Because Nazr Mohammed's freaking dunk should've counted!
Yahtzee

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2004, 11:55 PM »
We'll see who's laughing in less than 6 hours!   :-*
My prediction:  Lakers go undefeated the rest of the regular season.  You heard it here first.   8)   ;)

:-[

::)

>:(

:-X

Well, if you got into the game Scott, at least you got your "W", but you sure didn't get your money's worth - 'cause that sure as $h!t wasn't the Lakers out there...   ::)  Guess Malone wasn't green lighted for much action after all, and Kobe's shoulder is still so jacked up he can't hit the broad side of a barn right now (he shot 4-16 in the last game as well).  Not to mention Shaq had his arms pinned to his body or locked up by Wolves all night long.  Amazing what the refs let people get away with now.

You could tell that Shaq was really close to completely snapping, and starting a fight throughout most of the second half.  Hell, during the 4th quarter, Madsen was leaning into Shaq so much that he was almost parallel to the floor, instead of standing upright.  Pretty bizarre looking.  If Shaq had half a brain, he would've just stepped aside every time, and let Madsen fall on his face!

And what's with Hudson becoming Michael Jordan every time we play you?!  He's not like that all the time is he, otherwise he'd be the freaking league MVP every year.  Fortunately, I missed 2/3rds of the game while I was spending an hour and a half in traffic trying to get home tonight.  That was really fun too.

Stupid Lakers.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2004, 11:59 PM »
What in hell is the purpose of the thrice damned .3 second rule?! Who is that really helping? For those who don't know the .3 second rule it basically says that if there is less then .3 seconds then a team cannot gain possession of the ball during an inbound pass. Why am I complaining, you ask? Because Nazr Mohammed's freaking dunk should've counted!

Well, I didn't see the dunk you're talking about, but I know that you basically aren't allowed to get a shot off in that amount of time, including a dunk.  You can just "tip" the ball, and that's about it.  If he actually had the ball in his hand(s) for that dunk, they would've waived it off, I'd imagine.  Was it an alley-oop from out of bounds, or something?  I'll have to take a gander during Sports Center tonight...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2004, 02:50 PM »
I KNEW you were going to have excuses up the Ing Yang for that pathetic performance last night by the Lakers...they were HORRIBLE.  I saw a team that was not at all interested in the game, a big fat ass oaf who is allowed to do what ever the hell he wants inside and stands there for 10 seconds, an alledged rapist shooting 1 for 13 at one point, a whiney Point Guard who was bitching at the refs all night long and a decripit Power forward who should have hung up the shorts with his pal from utah

They were never even in the game, Hudson is an animal against the Lakers and him along with Madsen were the key to the rout, they out hustled, out shot and out played the Lakers from the middle of the second period on...

I'm not a big Wally guy right now, he looks lost...I am a big Sprewell guy though, he's crazy

OCB footnote, the last two games I have went to at Target Center (last night and the Spurs game two weeks ago) were all time attendence records for Wolves games...

Great game, statement game...lets hope it carries on for a few games and they can gain some ground on the Spurs again

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2004, 01:47 PM »
Great game, statement game...lets hope it carries on for a few games...

Or not...   :-*

But you were right about Hudson and Madsen being the ones who really turned the tide and momentum in that Laker game, with their insane energy.  So really you guys only won because we gave you the Mad Dog.  That's all.

What hurt even worse, which I hadn't realized at the time of that game, is that that gave you a 3-0 series lead on us this year and the tiebreaker that goes with it if we by chance wind up even in the standings at the end of the season.  Damned lazy and uninspired idiots.   >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2004, 08:38 PM »
Did anyone catch the game highlites of the Lakers against the Magic the other night?  Kobe got his freak on hardcore in the second half, after scoring all of 1 point in the first half.  Tallied 35 in the second half (and 2 more in OT), including 24 in the 4th quarter (17 in a row at one point) to lead the Lakers back from a 19 point deficit, and to an overtime win.  Kobe also clamped down on T-Mac in the 4th and overtime, holding him to a measely 5 points after he exploded on the other Laker defenders for the first 3 quarters.

We're just nippin' at the Pups heels for second best record in the West now.  That loss to them the other night really hurt, 'cause it gave them the tie breaker against us...   :-\  Not too concerned about it though, 'cause #4 is already a done deal!   8)

- Laker fan