Author Topic: NBA 2003/04  (Read 84978 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA Playoffs!
« Reply #390 on: June 6, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Vvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooom! :-*

Lackluster Laker effort, more proof that...shutting up now

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #391 on: June 7, 2004, 12:49 AM »
Yep.  Lakers looked uninterested, uninspired, and maybe even a little rusty.  Credit goes to the Pistons defense though, which definitely played a part in shutting down the rest of our team besides Shaq and Kobe.  One of our ugliest efforts of the year though.  They came out completely FLAT from the get-go.  Then they stopped going into Shaq in the second half, when he was the only player having any consistent success on the offensive end.

But the Pistons bust ass on defense every single possession, so they deserve major props for that.  The Lakers exerted effort about half that amount, at best.  Oh well.  Not worried, just disappointed that my boys have decided to dork around with another series, rather than really playing hard and meaning business from start to end.  We'll still win the Championship, but I think this is still one of the most underachieving teams of all time.  They should be embarrassed with their lack of interest, effort, heart, and defense on such a consistent basis.  They rely 100% on their talent, Shaq's dominance, and Kobe's clutch efforts at bringing them back from the brink.  That's obviously not going to get it done every game though.  Too many other factors missing from our repertoire.

We'll bounce back on Tuesday for sure.  We'll see which of our two teams shows up in Detroit though...   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 7, 2004, 09:21 AM »
Good points Matt...it has to be frustrating for you Laker fans.  You know you are capable of always winning, it just depends whether or not your guys want to play.  Especially now...its the finals for Pete's sake.  Like you said though, much of the credit goes to Detroit's D.  They played very well last night.  To be honest, I was pretty surprised they ended up winning...kept waiting for LA (and Kobe in particular) to make a patented 4th quarter run and pull it out of their behind at the end.  Anyways, I hope this play continues, I'd really like to see a competitive finals throughout.  I'm usually not a big Pistons backer, but the fact that none of the commentators or anyone gives them a snowballs chance kind of gives them that underdog mystique where you at least want to see them give the Lakers some trouble.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #393 on: June 7, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Their [LAkers] wanton laisse-faire attitude to playing is disgusting and there is no way they should win based on the BS way they play when they wanna play...

Just though I'd bump the "I Play When I Wanna Play" Mascot to celebrate the latest "We Play When We Want" effort by the LAkers.

Maybe they want to go down 3-0 in order to REALLY have a challenge?

:-X

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #394 on: June 7, 2004, 11:23 AM »
Maybe they want to go down 3-0 in order to REALLY have a challenge?

Unfortunately, that wouldn't totally surprise me Jeff...   ::)   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #395 on: June 7, 2004, 11:29 AM »
Earth to Colman...they aren't that good.  AS I've tried to point out a couple thousand of times.  The Spurs almost had them, the Wolves would have taken them and the Pistons have the D to shut down Kobe and the bit players, Shaq is going to need to step up and play like a beast for them to get back in this

I realize I picked the Lakers but I bought into the hype after seeing my team go down

Again, I'll bring up the D-Backs and Yankees from a few years ago when 99% of the media and country were writing the Yankees name on the Championship trophy, that's why they play the games...

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooom!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #396 on: June 7, 2004, 06:13 PM »
On a related note, has anyone picked up the "Ultimate Jordan" DVD that came out late last year?  I meant to snag one, but waited too long and they seemed to all completely disappear from my local Targets and Walmarts...

Finally came across another one of these at Target today, and snagged it for $15.  Looking forward to watching it, but I'll probably wait 'til after we win the Finals.   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #397 on: June 7, 2004, 06:14 PM »
Earth to Colman...they aren't that good.

Earth to Pearson... they are that good.  They just don't like to flaunt it too much!   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 7, 2004, 09:26 PM »
Earth to Colman...they aren't that good.

Earth to Pearson... they are that good.  They just don't like to flaunt it too much!   ;)

Earth2 to Colman.  They bloody better well watch themselves or they'll be so good that they'll end up losing.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #399 on: June 7, 2004, 11:54 PM »
Earth to Elliott...  The Celtics better watch themselves, or they're gonna be relegated to the CBA soon.

Make the Playoffs.  Then come talk to me.   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #400 on: June 8, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Earth to Colman they made the playoffs...with a losing record ;D  Which is triple why the East shouldn't beat the West.  I just hope they do so I don't have to hear the Smug Bastard Brigade for a Whole Year :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 8, 2004, 12:28 AM »
Earth to Colman they made the playoffs...with a losing record ;D  Which is triple why the East shouldn't beat the West.  I just hope they do so I don't have to hear the Smug Bastard Brigade for a Whole Year :'(

Uh-huh, that would be this year.  Matt, I hope you can grovel on the extreme outside chance the Pistons win.  I never thought I'd cheer for that team, but I am now.  Bill Laimbeer is laughing at me now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #402 on: June 8, 2004, 12:34 AM »
Earth to Elliott...  The Celtics better watch themselves, or they're gonna be relegated to the CBA WNBA soon.

Make the Playoffs.  Play .500 ball.  Then come talk to me.   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 8, 2004, 12:38 AM »
Earth to Elliott...  The Celtics better watch themselves, or they're gonna be relegated to the CBA WNBA soon.

You need to go talk to Patty about gender issues.  Not getting much huh?  Sorry about your luck :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #404 on: June 8, 2004, 12:45 AM »
Not getting much huh?  Sorry about your luck :-*

Hey now!  That's only because I'm still recovering from my appendectomy, and I have to take it easy for a while 'cause I've still got healing wounds down there, ya' know?!?   :-X

Who the hell told you anyway?   >:(